At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 35 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Product Analyst for Elastic Cloud will be a key member of our product team and will be based out of the USA, Canada, or western Europe for time zone purposes. You will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the first dedicated Analyst to our product management team, you will take a fresh look at what we're measuring and tracking in Elastic Cloud. From there, you will produce and track metrics that drive our SaaS adoption and retention as well as define new metrics and conduct analysis to improve the onboarding experience, engagement and conversion of trial users.
You live and breathe data, and know all about CAC, LTV, MRR and other SaaS terms.
In addition, you will:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to all meaningful stakeholders at Elastic
- Collaborate with the Elastic cloud engineering team to develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and visualizations (dashboards, reports etc.) and other strategies to measure and evaluate KPIs
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Ensure data quality, locate and help engineering correct data collection and processing problems
- Work with Elastic Cloud product managers to prioritize business and information needs
What You Bring Along:
You have been an Analyst on a SaaS product for at least 2 years before and have familiarity with SaaS standard methodologies in terms of data collection (mandatory). You'll bring this past SaaS experience forward and be an active collaborator on what we should measure, why, and how. (Hint: This is not an entry-level role.)
You are curious and growth-oriented when it comes to helping us define the future of our business.
You have strong verbal and written English communication skills and you're comfortable presenting to a variety of seniority levels (mandatory).
From a location standpoint, this role will be located in the USA, Canada, or the UK time zones for best overlap with the team.
In addition, you have:
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings (mandatory)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical expertise in data models, database design and development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting tools and databases (SQL, NoSQL etc). Previous experience in using Elasticsearch and Kibana for such purposes a strong plus (but not required)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience in using statistical tools for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics a plus
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.