At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is building out our Elastic Cloud Team focusing on Elastic as a Service. This is a great opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
What You Will Do:
- Implement features to manage multiple Elasticsearch Clusters on top of our orchestration layer
- Build and manage Docker images for Elastic Stack components
- Develop software for our distributed systems and ES as a Service offerings
- Debugging meaningful technical issues inside a very deep and complex technical stack involving containers, microservices, etc on multiple platforms
- Collaborate with Elastic’s engineering teams like Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, APM and Beats) to enable them to run on Cloud infrastructure
- Grow and share your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking, etc.)
What You Bring Along:
- Interest in the JVM and experience working with any of Java, Scala or Golang
- Understanding of Docker internals and APIs
- Experience working with container infrastructure in production
- You care deeply about resiliency of the services and quality of the features you ship
- Experience with public Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- A self starter who has experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- You love working with a diverse, worldwide team in a distributed work environment
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.