Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 80,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release. Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations, including Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, The New York Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia, use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission-critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by more than $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Mountain View, California; and has over 450 employees in more than 30 countries around the world.
We are rapidly growing and hiring for a strong individual in the NY Metro Area to help drive our business forward. Are you a creative sales person with ambition to develop new business in a dynamic market? Does learning new technology excite you? Do you possess an optimistic vision for your future and encourage your colleagues, customers and business partners around you? Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career? We would love to have you join us for the ride. The RVP is responsible for leading the sales of all products and services through their team in the East US Region reporting to the Area Area Vice President of Sales. Additional responsibilities include ensuring Company policies are adhered to while directing and implementing the company goals to achieve profitable sales growth.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for weekly forecasting and achieving monthly and quarterly targets, sales plans, compensation structures, and customer segmentation
- Ensure the attainment of assigned sales quotas by leading the sales process and providing direction and recommendations to improve sales.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to create excitement in the sales organization
- Responsible for driving the consistent and accurate use of sales automation utilities
- Communicate corporate strategy, provide direction and remove barriers to allow the sales force to increase revenues
- Create key partnerships, relationships and alliances with OEMs, strategic channel partners, systems integrators, and professional services organizations
- Travel regularly to meet any managerial needs and provide support.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with representatives of community, customers, employee, and public interest groups.
- Provide direction in the hiring, promotion and termination of assigned staff, ensuring company policies are adhered to in all personnel actions.
- Communicate regularly with Management in Sales, Administration and Maintenance to ensure seamless support
What You Bring Along:
- 15+ years of Enterprise Software Sales
- Most recent 5 years as manager running a direct sales team
- Strong selling experience into various verticals
- Executive level relationship with key accounts
- Track record of over achievement
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background
- Experience in open source is a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Search, Big Data, Cloud, IOT, Security preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.