Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Valor Equity Partners ,Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $150 million (Series C) to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
That is why Eight Sleep is seeking a highly-motivated Director of Financial Planning and Analysis who is passionate about modeling with an impeccable attention to detail. Capable of functioning with confidence and expertise in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment, you have industry expertise related to consumer electronics (hardware) or physical goods with complex supply chain considerations. You have a record of success in cost analysis, building complex financial models, and synthesizing data into actionable recommendations.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Establish the company’s annual budget and monthly forecast processes for revenues, operating expenses, and balance sheet. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget and forecast.
- Partner with leadership on monthly, annual, and long-range budget and forecast planning
- Own the company’s three-scenario / three-statement financial model (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) used for cash management and for Board of Director and investor reporting
- Develop long-term scenario modeling to determine the profitability impact related to hardware and software (SaaS) pricing, mix strategies, new product releases, channel mix, etc.
- Continuously drive forecast accuracy improvements through analysis of COGs actuals
- Continuously develop and implement systems (ERP) and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- BS/BA/MBA in Business Administration, BS/BA in Finance, Economics and/or Masters in Finance
- Minimum of 2 years in investment banking
- Minimum of 2 years within an FP&A department at a physical goods company
- Advanced Excel and business modeling skills
- Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
- Exceptional business judgment; capable of driving results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Ability to formulate strategies and identify trends through research and analysis of various data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., confident with public speaking, ability to translate complex concepts for everyone to understand)
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in a dynamic environment
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to impact people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Work alongside an award-winning team of marketers, creatives and engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Opportunity to play a defining role in the future of Eight Sleep and the sleep fitness category
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Fully distributed workforce
- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.