Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Valor Equity Partners ,Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $150 million (Series C) to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced Algorithm Engineer to help us expand our product features. You will be responsible for designing next gen algorithms that enable exciting new health features for our users. Today, we offer heart rate, heart rate variability, sleep, and other metrics. Tomorrow, your imagination will unlock new meaningful metrics that will induce behavior change for better sleep and better health. To do so, you will work closely with a cross-functional R&D and production team to prototype and to ship solutions.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about health technologies and about making an impact on health outcomes. We look for people who tackle problems with a system approach, and make data driven decisions to deliver the best products to our users.
How you'll contribute
- Design next generation health sensor algorithms
- Work with R&D team to rapidly develop system concepts to prototype, including sensor, electrical, mechanical, and software engineers
- Perform data analysis, signal processing, and algorithm development to assess feasibility and to implement solution
- Coordinate with software development team to incorporate algorithm design into production
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years of industry experience in the field of health sensing
- Expertise in signal processing and conditioning techniques for bio-signals
- Experience with algorithm development from concept to production
- Knowledge in machine learning techniques and tools to evaluate large datasets
- Physiology, hardware sensor, and startup experience are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; or equivalent experience
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.