Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Valor Equity Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $150 million (Series C) to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help us expand our product features and our capabilities to bring the highest quality sleep to as many people as possible. As a Data Scientist you will have a big impact on the direction of our products and engineering efforts. Your job will be to solve complex problems by making sense of massive amounts of sleep data and distilling it down into actionable directions and insights. You will be empowered to drive the full lifecycle of a project from data collection, exploration, visualization, modeling, experimentation, and deployment. We are seeking someone with a passion to work with one of the largest datasets of sleep in the world, and to be a part of growing and shaping the future of sleep.
How you'll contribute
- Develop data-driven insights to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, engineering, and optimization initiatives.
- Support our engineering and ML efforts by building the tools and models to measure and define our goals.
- Independently run data experiments and build proof of concepts to better use data and improve our products.
- Prepare and manage large datasets to run experiments with the goal of optimizing the sleep of our users.
What you'll need to succeed
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years experience in developing, testing, and deploying optimized predictive models
- Languages: SQL, Python
- Tools/Software: Pandas, Scikit Learn, Jupyter Notebooks, AWS
- ML Techniques: Clustering, Decision Trees, Neural Networks
- Statistics: Regression, Statistical Testing
- Ability to communicate data and technical work to non-technical stakeholders
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.