Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why Eight Sleep is looking for a talented Technical Program Manager to set a high bar with the development teams working on our next generation of sleep enhancing products.
How you’ll contribute:
- Oversee and guide the technical product development efforts of HW products from project initiation to product launch.
- Work with cross functional teams and leadership on program strategy, create detailed breakdowns of work streams and estimate effort and resources required to ship amazing consumer product experiences.
- Set clear project goals with metrics that communicate expectations for work output and completion dates to team members and stakeholders.
- Track and report on progress towards project milestones including decision-making logic, and provide status reports and risk mitigations to stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Post launch support - manage post launch activities: flow of customer feedback to engineering teams, debug and issue escalation with CX, Engineering and Manufacturing.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years as a Program Manager, Project Manager, or Technical Engineering Lead in consumer electronics product development.
- Demonstrated passion for delivering highly refined user experiences and an eye for detail.
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional engineering/ product hardware teams (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Software and Manufacturing).
- Proven ability to present technical requirements, and navigate teams through risk mitigation and product development processes.
- Demonstrated ability to drive [high and mid volume] commercial product releases; requires significant experience working with US and Asia based teams and manufacturers.
- Ability to travel occasionally post COVID to collaborate and build stronger relationships onsite with teams.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment with lots of independence and responsibility.
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to impact people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.