Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Valor Equity Partners ,Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $150 million (Series C) to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
That's why Eight Sleep is looking for a talented Staff Electrical Engineer to set a high bar for the development of our next generation of sleep enhancing products.
How you’ll contribute
- Architect and design consumer electronic devices incorporating micro controllers, Wifi and Bluetooth radio transceivers, motor drivers, sensors, audio and LED drivers.
- Work with Mechanical, Firmware, Software Engineering, Manufacturing and Product team members to conceptualize, define, design, build, and test new products.
- Perform analysis of individual components and sub systems to achieve performance goals and drive system architecture.
- Perform design validation, verification, and characterization for first prototypes, sub-assemblies, and the final product.
- Select components, vendors and test equipment with sensitivity to cost and quality tradeoffs.
- Work with vendors and manufacturing teams to solve quality, cost, and yield issues, from early design stages to mass production.
- Define testing requirements, fixtures, and equipment to qualify the functionality of components and assemblies for mass production.
What you need to succeed
- 8+ years of consumer product design experience with development knowledge of wifi / bluetooth device and electromechanical systems utilizing pumps, fans, motors, sensors, speakers and LED’s.
- Track record of shipping consumer products
- Has mixed analog and digital design and layout experience with 3D CAD Tools (eg. Altium, OrCAD, etc.).
- Has understanding of safety, ESD, EMI, and EMC compliance and certification.
- Has knowledge of high-volume SMT and Flex PCB manufacturing processes.
- Possesses a solid understanding of DOE, root cause, statistical analysis and other quality measuring techniques.
- Experience working on-site and remotely with vendors in Asia.
- BSEE or equivalent. MS preferred.
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership that is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- Employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- A flexible working arrangement focused on the health of our team. While most employees work remotely, we have a lab for hardware collaboration that is managed with rigorous safety protocols to maintain a COVID-safe environment
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status