Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for a mobile-focused Data Scientist to help launch a new business intelligence effort. This role will largely focus on data pipeline and data warehouse issues while also supporting advances in customer lifecycle marketing, business intelligence platform, customer lifetime value, customer segmentation, user flow, on-site creative analysis, A/B testing, etc.
How you'll contribute
- Use data exploration techniques to discover new correlations in sleep and wearable data
- Design and implement algorithms that power our sleep intelligence impact the life of our customers every day
- Contribute to product decisions by providing context via data and metrics analysis
What you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with data science or analytics in a business context
- 2+ years of experience working with Python in a production environment
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Machine Learning and statistical modeling experience preferred
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.