Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer with extensive experience in product design for native applications. The ideal candidate has experience within a start-up or midsize company with small squad like teams. We are looking for candidates with a business to consumer background, subscription services a big plus. Someone with a high bar for product quality, and a passion for health tech and wellness will thrive in this role.
How you'll contribute
- Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team to deliver successful experiences that drive value for both our customers and our business
- Creating innovative mobile experiences — via information architecture and low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity mockups, and everything in-between — to solve real problems for our users in a way that is both usable and beautiful for both iOS and Android devices
- Helping build, document and organize the UI components of our design system.
- Combining qualitative and quantitative customer insights to make design decisions that make our product better and move the needle to drive engagement and retention.
- Conducting usability studies and user interviews to inform design work
- Serving as the subject matter expert responsible for mobile user interactions - including researching and staying up-to-date on emerging mobile design trends and best practices
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-3+ years experience in mobile interface UI and/or UX with a strong portfolio including live examples.
- Passion for user research, from developing to executing user interviews and testing.
- Curiosity with the technical implications of design decisions, and the ability to find the right balance between new user value and technical effort.
- You are obsessed with simplicity.
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.