Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised 68 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod Pro is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why we are looking for a driven, customer-focused candidate to join us as our Customer Support Specialist. This junior manager position will be reporting to the Senior Customer Success Manager, working closely with the Operations, Growth, and Engineering teams to elevate and differentiate our member journey. This candidate will need to be motivated, organized, and flexible. An interest in fitness, Consumer Products, health/wellness brands is a plus.
You’re a great fit if you are proactive, data-obsessed, and have a strong attention to detail. We are a mission-driven company, so passion for what we do and our mission is key.
How you’ll contribute:
- Assist in guiding the support team to address customer queries, collect and track feedback, and develop internal and external resource materials
- Manage QA and escalations on ticketing platforms and social media channels to ensure effective handling of complex customer inbounds
- Oversee team SLAs and KPIs to ensure they are not only being met, but strategize on how to exceed those goals
- Help monitor fulfillment process, product updates, and promotional events, to help track the member journey and sentiment; curate outbound communication, when necessary
- Export and analyze weekly data to deliver reports, performance trends, insights, and key learnings to Senior Customer Success Manager and/or other company stakeholders
- Expand and implement onboarding, training, and ongoing skills programs for support team members
- Leverage knowledge of CX industry standards and best practices to manage current systems, as well as explore new tools and channels to meet business needs
- Maintain and build upon existing CX team forecasting models to help plan for peak business periods and identify cost optimizations
- Work closely with the Senior Customer Success Manager and collaborate with other departments in a fast-paced environment as a representative of the CX team
- Prioritize and delegate CX team tasks based on current company objectives
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer support with a minimum of 1 year managing a customer support team that uses ticketing software (e.g., Zendesk, Kustomer). Tech industry and startup environments preferred.
- Solid and effective written and verbal communication with exemplary documentation skills
- Strong problem-solving aptitude with an ability to manage and resolve conflict with ease
- You have a keen interest in working with a growth-stage startup, contributing to a small and dedicated team
- You are a fast learner, with a commitment in pursuing a career in customer experience
- You are extremely detail-oriented and organized in your daily life; can own and manage multiple projects end-to-end with an ability to constantly prioritize tasks
- High aptitude for using data to gather insights and make informed decisions
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable delivering excellent work with limited guidance
- You embrace teamwork, and are willing to stretch outside of your own comfort zone and responsibilities to do whatever is necessary to help the team succeed
Bonus points for:
- Microsoft Excel-literate, with knowledge of vlookups
- Working with and training teams remotely
- Experience with Shopify, Aircall, Airtable, and/or Looker
- A well-written cover letter
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to the team’s wellness and career development
- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- Employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.