Eight Sleep is the world’s first sleep fitness company. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $70 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod Pro is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why we are hiring an Editorial Director to oversee our content platform, with the opportunity to define an overall strategy and build a team that can turn content into an engine for brand growth.
How you’ll contribute:
First and foremost, we are a mission-driven company, so passion for what we do and our mission is key. At a high level, the role encompasses three areas:
- Crafting a content strategy that increases brand awareness and drives qualified traffic into our funnels
- Executing on that strategy, implementing SEO best practices across all content
- Scaling a team of writers and experts
Some other details about the role:
- Content strategy. Craft strategy for the company and set a strong editorial process. Use your creativity to define our category of sleep fitness through owned content.
- Research. Gather insights on customer questions in order to create educational content to address it. Work alongside experts to properly back each piece of content adhering to SEO requirements.
- Content creation. Create premium pieces of content on a variety of topics relating to health, sleep, wellness, performance. All pieces must be thoroughly researched, backed by science, properly referenced and follow SEO best practices.
- Edit. Edit the work of other staff writers to ensure veracity and adherence to editorial and brand tone guidelines.
- Content distribution. Work closely with the Growth team to find opportunities to distribute each content piece via other owned channels (email, organic social, app), and through partnerships with other brands and outlets including guest posting.
- Team building and management. Using a defined department budget, hire and manage content writers to deliver on the needs of the editorial calendar.
What you need to succeed:
- You are interested in the health and wellness space, particularly in sleep.
- You have experience creating various types of content including blog posts, white papers, newsletters, video, emails and social media copy.
- You have a deep understanding of how written content strategy can be leveraged across all online platforms.
- You understand the latest SEO best practices and have experience implementing them.
- You are familiar with the latest tools to efficiently monitor all content marketing efforts and optimize for KPIs.
- You’ve built reports that properly convey the impact that a content strategy has on the business.
- You have a background in science writing and have experience managing other science writers.
- You have experience sourcing, hiring and managing a content team for an outlet or brand.
- You thrive as an independent thinker, can strategize how to achieve goals even in open-ended ambiguous environments.
- Strong collaborator, can build and scale a team.
- You enjoy working remotely.
- You are excited about the opportunity to build a fast-growing brand into an iconic company.
Bonus points for:
- Experience using Pubmed extensively. Can reference detailed statistics and scientific reports, translating them into accurate citations.
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to impact people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Fully distributed workforce
- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.