Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
Our feature Pod product is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why Eight Sleep is looking for a talented Quality Engineering Technician to set a high bar for quality within the next generation of sleep enhancing products.
How you’ll contribute
- Work with Customer Support team to understand user feedback, manage returned devices, and categorize by complaints types to be addressed by the engineering team.
- Run testing to assess device performance to confirm the issues described by the customer.
- Develop reports and track metrics on different failure types.
- Work with the engineering team to develop improvements to fix failures and improve performance.
- Prototype and test future product designs.
What you need to succeed
- Intense exposure to mechanical or electrical engineering discipline, either through formal training, work experience, or personal pursuits.
- Detail-oriented and observant, with the natural curiosity to lead technical investigations.
- Highly organized individual.
- Extensive shop experience. Has familiarity with hand tools, power tools, basic machine shop equipment, and testing equipment.
- Strong communicator who can summarize points concisely.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment with lots of independence and responsibility.
- The ability to lift 50lb loads regularly
- Able to work in our NYC office.
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership that is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- Employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- A flexible working arrangement focused on the health of our team. While most employees work remotely, we have a lab for hardware collaboration that is managed with rigorous safety protocols to maintain a COVID-safe environment
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status