Eigen is a natural language processing/machine learning B2B software platform company focused on transforming the way companies operate by unlocking the value of their textual data. Having completed our Series B in 2019, Eigen has raised $60m to date and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Temasek, Lakestar, and Dawn Capital.
Whilst Eigen’s platform is general and sector agnostic, it is currently focused on the Financial Services, Legal, and Insurance sectors with clients such as Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, ING, Aviva, and Allen & Overy.
Based in London and New York, Eigen has over 180 people and is rapidly scaling its operations, people, and customer base.
Why join Eigen?
- We are building a product on the cutting edge of Natural Language Processing technology
- We have an exceptional Senior Management team with some of the best minds across Sales, Engineering, Science, Delivery and Product
- We are a highly collaborative, diverse, dynamic and supportive team with a positive culture
- We offer a great office environment, a clear development path, and many tangible benefits including:
- £1,000/$1,000 annual training budget
- Bonus scheme
- Pension/401k plan
- Healthcare cover/insurance
- Flexibility to manage your work and personal commitments
What you’ll be doing
The Product Portfolio team performs the most varied and cross-functional role at Eigen, working collaboratively with fellow product colleagues, sales, marketing and technical teams to investigate and verify new applications and use cases of our product.
This will involve conducting data-driven analyses across various industries to assess why, how and where Eigen should sell its products and services.
Duties will include:
- Developing and expanding your existing network to research and verify new applications and use cases, including opportunities for upsell and increased penetration within existing industry verticals, as well as building a business case for entering new industry verticals
- Research user and buyer personas and customer journey mapping
- Keeping abreast of trends across multiple industries, particularly the regulatory landscape, to assess where Eigen’s next opportunity could be
- Be, or have the ability to become, a subject matter expert in the use cases, including delivering technical training to commercial teams and participating in calls with clients and prospects
- Oversight and project management of product initiatives which speed up time to value for customers
In the first 30 days, you’ll:
- be up to speed on our product and services, our existing use cases, our sales & delivery processes and introduced yourself to the people who manage those;
- have established regular meetings with key internal stakeholders; and
- used our product as our clients would, in order to understand the user journey.
Within your first 90 days, you’ll have:
- developed and have prepared a good first draft of a new use case for which Eigen could leverage its technology, in an existing or greenfield industry vertical, having researched the business pain point and have understood how Eigen could help solve that pain point; and
- collated hard data to back up assertions, as well as well-reasoned assumptions where data is unavailable
Before you hit your first year anniversary, you’ll have:
- successfully rolled out one or more new use case(s) for commercial teams to sell, received feedback from the market and tweaked approach where necessary;
- produced content and sales enablement materials to drive uptake of your use case; and
- been involved with sales conversations as a subject matter expert, to lend credibility to the sales function and help accelerate the sales cycle.
What you’ll need
- Be able to commute to Eigen’s New York office on a regular basis when office restrictions permit.
- 3 to 4 years of business and client-facing experience in a cross functional role at consulting / legal / finance / high growth start up organisation or similar;
- Be comfortable operating with ambiguity and be able to chart a path regardless;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. You’re comfortable creating client-ready materials in multiple formats and contributing to client conversations;
- Ability to navigate competing priorities across functions and orient solutions with the bigger picture in mind. Maintaining good relationships across the company is key here;
- Ability to distil complex ideas and information into an easy-to-digest format for non-subject matter experts, without omitting crucial nuances;
- A customer-first mindset. You understand the needs and wants of your customers – both external and internal – and prioritise accordingly;
- You do not fear failure and have a bias for action;
- Project management experience. You’re able to manage multiple projects and stakeholders and hold people to account when deliverables and timelines are at risk; and
- Experience in B2B product management, ideally targeting financial services, would be a plus but not a hard prerequisite.
About our team
The product team is a multidisciplinary team within Eigen, made up of a diverse group of professionals spanning technical product managers (with data science / engineering backgrounds), UI/UX designers and business-side professionals who understand the regulatory landscape in which our clients and prospects operate, and how Eigen could help solve their data challenges.