Eigen is a natural language processing/machine learning B2B software platform company focused on transforming the way companies operate by unlocking the value of their textual data. Having just completed our Series B, Eigen has raised $60m to date and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Temasek, Lakestar, and Dawn Capital.
Whilst Eigen’s platform is general and sector agnostic, it is currently focused on the Financial Services, Legal, and Insurance sectors with clients such as Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, ING, Hiscox, and Allen & Overy.
Based in London, Lisbon and New York, Eigen has over 170 people and is rapidly scaling its operations, people, and customer base.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure compliance with legal obligations, regulatory standards, labour relations practices and Eigen’s global policies and procedures
- Set up networks with local universities, organisations and other local talent pools to maximise Eigen’s sources for recruitment
- Conduct background checks and extend offers of employment and contracts
- Assist with interviewing applicants
- Oversee new hire orientation and the completion of new hire paperwork
- Provide counsel and training to management on the administration of Company policies and procedures, and regarding compliance with all local employment laws
- Work with management and employees to investigate and resolve issues, complaints, and conflicts
- Provide counsel to employees on the interpretation of various company policies and procedures such as vacation, holiday, and leave of absence eligibility
- Advise managers on organisational policy matters such as equality, diversity and inclusion etc
- Complete local visa applications
- Manage local benefits and liaise with local payroll or other bodies as needed
- Oversee all Lisbon hotel, taxi and restaurant contracts to include negotiation
- Conduct exit interviews, analyse data and make recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Complete all necessary leaver paperwork, arrange for equipment collection and other leaver processes
- Assists People Department in carrying out various human resources projects and procedures for all company employees
What you’ll need to be successful?
You’ll be a motivated, capable and hands on HR professional who is passionate about growing a new location, as well as bringing the following key skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing HR for a local site and operating in a wider global people team
- Understanding of employment law
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills for dealing with employees at all levels
- Talent networks e.g. with local universities, organisations etc, that can be used to maximise Eigen’s sources for recruitment
- Prior experience in a start-up environment is advantageous
Please ensure that your CV or Resume are are in English