Eigen is a natural language processing/machine learning B2B software platform company focused on transforming the way companies operate by unlocking the value of their textual data. Having just completed our Series B, Eigen has raised $60m to date and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Temasek, Lakestar, and Dawn Capital.
Whilst Eigen’s platform is general and sector agnostic, it is currently focused on the Financial Services, Legal, and Insurance sectors with clients such as Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, ING, Hiscox, and Allen & Overy.
Based in London and New York, Eigen has over 130 people and is rapidly scaling its operations, people, and customer base.
Why join Eigen?
- We are building a product on the cutting edge of Natural Language Processing technology
- We have an exceptional Senior Management team with some of the best minds across Sales, Engineering, Science and Product
- We are a highly collaborative, diverse, dynamic and supportive team with a positive culture
- We offer a great office environment, a clear development path, and many tangible benefits including:
- Monthly Hackathons (some themed, some open)
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Flexibility to manage your work and personal commitments
Our Tech Stack (but open to others!)
- NumPy, Pandas & PyTorch
- Machine Learning (ML) & Natural Language Processing (NLP)
What you’ll need to be successful?
You’ll be a motivated and capable engineer who is passionate about continuous learning and growth, as well as bringing the following key skills and experience:
- Strong Software Engineer skills
- Experience of Machine Learning (ML) and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Algorithm design
- Experience building machine learning pipelines
- Eagerness to learn, grow and get stuck in!
- You form working relationships with colleagues and partners based on kindness, understanding, and mutual respect.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing code. Because writing code is cool!
- Researching, googling and StackOverflowing to find the latest software gadgets. We love being bleeding-edge and would be on Python 4 if we could
- Whiteboarding with collaborative people to architect a shiny new feature
- Studying a colleagues’ pull request to make sure our code quality stays awesome
- Pair programming your way through difficult problems because two brains are better than one
- Building relationships with peers and teaching them things you know
- Partnering closely with our frontend and solutions engineers, scientists, our ML stack and the product team to define and build new releases
Who you are
- You're passionate about learning. You care deeply about broadening your horizons and developing yourself
- You're cooperative and allow diverse perspectives to challenge your thinking
- You enjoy solving interesting problems. Do you love to be challenged and to find imaginative solutions?
- You like variety and think that boredom is the work of the devil. You have a passion for working on meaningful things
- You're biased towards acting. You don't like being micromanaged or having a babysitter. Do you take pride in identifying problems and taking responsibility for solving them?
About our team
Our Research & Development team consists of a Science team (Research Scientists / Research Engineers), Product (Design, Product, SMEs), Product Engineering, and Solutions Engineering.
The Science team is largely responsible for researching and developing new ML/NLP solutions, which are then transformed into usable products by the Engineering teams.
Product Engineering is focused on building our core product offering, while Solutions Engineering works with clients to deliver bespoke projects and integrations.