Eigen is a natural language processing/machine learning B2B software platform company focused on transforming the way companies operate by unlocking the value of their textual data. Having just completed our Series B, Eigen has raised $60m to date and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Temasek, Lakestar, and Dawn Capital.
Whilst Eigen’s platform is general and sector agnostic, it is currently focused on the Financial Services, Legal, and Insurance sectors with clients such as Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, ING, Hiscox, and Allen & Overy.
Based in London and New York, Eigen has over 130 people and is rapidly scaling its operations, people, and customer base.
Why join Eigen?
- We are building a product on the cutting edge of Natural Language Processing technology
- We have an exceptional Senior Management team with some of the best minds across Sales, Engineering, Science and Product
- We are a highly collaborative, diverse, dynamic and supportive team with a positive culture
- We offer a great office environment, a clear development path, and many tangible benefits including:
- Monthly Hackathons (some themed, some open)
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Flexibility to manage your work and personal commitments
As a QA Engineer at Eigen (London) you’ll be part of the interface between engineering and product. Working directly with our development team, you’ll be a voice for the user and a crusader for test coverage. You’ll create test plans, poke and prod our builds, search for edge cases and do the occasional spot of chaos engineering. Your job is to whip our products into shape.
What you’ll be doing::
- Partner with the product and engineering team to ensure the highest quality builds are deployed at our clients
- Create, maintain, and execute comprehensive test plans, test cases and integration tests against our artificial intelligence and machine learning platforms.
- Use user stories, use cases and technical design specifications to best generate test plans, test cases and functional requirements
- Work alongside the engineering and science teams to squash bugs, identify issues/risks and offer suggestions/improvements
- Work alongside clients to maintain a consistent test methodology and translate client bugs and issues into actionable tasks for the engineering team
- Maintain functional knowledge of new features, products, and initiatives within Eigen.
- Liaise with London clients to troubleshoot problems and act as the first point of contact for support tickets
To be successful you’ll have:
- Demonstrable experience (>1year) as QA Engineer testing for, and working directly with, developers on HTML/web applications in an Agile environment
- Deep interest in web stack technologies and the various challenges and opportunities (e.g. user interaction, browser compatibility, security) that come with them
- A strong understanding of the tools, concepts and QA and can speak to this in relation to products/projects you’ve previously delivered successfully
- A degree that relates to software engineering
- Full software life cycle knowledge and how to appropriately test at each stage
About our team
Our Research & Development team consists of a Science team (Research Scientists / Research Engineers), Product (Design, Product, SMEs), Product Engineering, and Solutions Engineering.
The Science team is largely responsible for researching and developing new ML/NLP solutions, which are then transformed into usable products by the Engineering teams.
Product Engineering is focused on building our core product offering, while Solutions Engineering works with clients to deliver bespoke projects and integrations.