What we’re building
We believe the future is in empowering businesses to make better decisions with their untapped data. Our engineers investigate fascinating problems and come up with clever solutions to help businesses unlock this hidden potential. We’re crafting ground-breaking software products in the spaces of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing - domains where client experiences are completely fresh and unknown. Sound interesting? Read on…….
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an ambitious, tenacious person to join us as a BDR in New York. You will be responsible for finding new client opportunities for Eigen and for understanding their needs before moving them forward through our sales funnel. To do this, you’ll use prospecting tools to research and contact our target customers and work with our Marketing team to test and refine your messaging to these targets. You’ll work closely with both our SAM (Sales & Account Management) team to build and test the processes that will help the BDR function succeed and scale over time.
What you’ll do
- Work with both the Marketing and Sales & Account Management teams to identify and research target clients for Eigen
- Use prospecting tools to contact these targets and introduce the Eigen value proposition, and then qualify the leads you generate through this outreach
- Qualify leads that come through to us via our marketing outreach
- Use Salesforce to track these conversations, as well as other tools as needed
- Work with the marketing content lead to analyse the results of your outreach and run tests to find new tactics to increase conversion rates
- Develop and document best practices and processes/checklists for the work you do, then use these materials to train new SDRs as they join your team
- Serve as on-site sales support for industry events that we attend
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a SaaS BDR selling in to large banks or direct corporate banking experience (Sales/Trading specifically) - or a combination of both
- Experience using a CRM (like Salesforce) and prospecting tools (like LinkedIn Sales Navigator)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You should be comfortable writing client-ready material
- A strong academic background or commensurate experience
- You are cool under pressure and comfortable adapting to new circumstances in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- You stay on top of details and timelines and communicate early and often with other stakeholders.
- Process-orientated. You get excited about creating processes. (It’s a peculiar taste, we know!) You love the idea of making yourself and your team more efficient and thus able to take on greater challenges over time.
- Customer-focused. You know that they key to effective communication is understanding how things are heard, not how they are said.
- You form close working relationships with colleagues and partners based on kindness, understanding, and mutual respect.
- You put effort into whatever it is you take up and don’t like doing things (whether it’s school, work or hobbies) in half-measures.