About The EigenLabs
At EigenLabs, we're not just building a future; we're revolutionizing it with our innovative EigenLayer protocol. As a cutting-edge blockchain startup, we're driven by a mission to elevate open innovation to new heights. Our EigenLayer protocol provides crypto-economic security as a service to decentralized applications, enabling developers to launch with unparalleled security while bypassing the need to secure substantial token value upfront. This approach opens up uncharted possibilities for open and permissionless innovation.
About The Role
We're seeking a Senior Human Resources Generalist to join our vibrant and fast-growing team. As an HR Generalist, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping and expanding our HR functions. Your responsibilities will encompass ensuring legal compliance, designing efficient onboarding and offboarding processes, and crafting employee engagement and retention initiatives. Joining a small but dynamic People Operations team, you'll report directly to the Director of Talent Acquisition. We seek a candidate with a proven track record of scaling HR functions within early-stage tech startups.
This full-time, non-exempt position offers remote work flexibility within US time zones or proximity to our Seattle office
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Benefits Management
- Review, renew, and administer employee benefits.
- Resolve benefit-related issues and negotiate contracts.
- Compensation & Payroll
- Approve timesheets and ensure timely payroll.
- Review payroll for compliance.
- Compliance and Ethics
- Stay updated on employment law changes and write new HR policies.
- Ensure ethical adherence and legal compliance across all programs and departments.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEI&B)
- Collaborate with DE&I experts to evaluate internal equity.
- Foster an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Employee Engagement & Wellness
- Create and manage employee wellness initiatives and resources
- Survey and analyze employee feedback to drive strategic initiatives.
- Employee Relations
- Listen to employee concerns and grievances, providing emotional support and mediation.
- Facilitate conflict resolution and identify root causes of conflicts.
- Health & Safety
- Inspect workspaces for hazards and evaluate ergonomic conditions.
- Review and update emergency response plans and conduct risk assessments.
- Handle all HR administrative needs.
- Occasionally assist Talent Acquisition with administrative tasks.
- Coordinate travel, office space procurement, and more as needed.
- Onboarding & Offboarding
- Ensure smooth compliance and a positive experience during employee onboarding and exiting.
- Performance Management
- Assist and coach managers through employee issues.
- Oversee the performance review process and update as necessary.
- Monitor and respond to incident reports, gather statements, and make decisions regarding outcomes as needed.
- Training & Development
- Train employees on emergency response plans and HR policies.
- Ensure compliance training is completed as assigned.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- 6-8 years of progressive HR or People Operations experience.
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist or similar role, focusing on scaling HR functions in companies growing from 10 to 100 employees.
- Passion or interest in the blockchain industry and a willingness to stay current with the latest trends.
- Experience working with computer engineers and software developers.
- You are:
- Highly emotionally intelligent and empathetic
- Self-aware and reflective
- Collaborative and open to feedback
- Excellent at setting professional boundaries
- Discreet and prudent in your approach to your work
- Comfortable with prolonged sitting, standing, or a combination of both.
- Ability to work autonomously, setting your own deadlines and standards.
- Access to a private workspace due to the sensitive nature of the work.
- Demonstrated experience in doing compliance work in all 50 states and familiarity with international hiring requirements and regulations.
- Strong skills in:
- Critical thinking, root cause analysis, and problem-solving
- Interpersonal communication and relationship building
- Conflict resolution, non-violent communication, and mediation
- Data analysis and strategic decision-making
- Occasional travel may be required throughout the year, including overnight stays for company meetings and team-building events.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $95,000 - $110,000 is the annual base salary. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, EigenLabs provides various employee benefits, including:
- Employer-covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity and paternity leave
EigenLabs is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), EigenLabs is committed to fully including all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, EigenLabs will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the EigenLabs HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.