EigenLabs is building a protocol called EigenLayer that provides crypto-economic security as a service to decentralized applications such as rollups, bridges, and oracles. Typically these projects are designed to be secured by their own token. However, because it is difficult to bootstrap the value of a new token, this often leads to situations where projects lack sufficient capital to strongly secure their networks.
With EigenLayer, projects come to Ethereum for staked security in place of or in addition to their own token. Stakers in the Ethereum proof-of-stake (PoS) network opt in to “re-stake” their Ether to crypto-economically secure these projects. The projects and their users pay fees back to stakers in exchange for stronger security guarantees.
EigenLayer makes it possible for developers to build new decentralized applications that launch with high crypto-economic security, but without the need to bootstrap a large amount of value into their own token. This modularization of crypto-economic security unlocks new possibilities for open and permissionless innovation.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to drive the onboarding of developers and validators onto EigenLayer, and rollups onto EigenDA - which is the first middleware built on and sourcing security through EigenLayer, and which provides data availability throughput to rollups. This is a full-time position that is fully remote or located in San Francisco or Seattle.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the lead technical partner and point-of-contact for technical teams building with EigenLayer and EigenDA. This includes rollups, validators, and middleware developers across the crypto ecosystem.
- Establish technical credibility for EigenLayer and EigenDA.
- Assess the needs of partner projects, and collaboratively research and design solutions for their needs.
- Provide proof-of-concept and reference implementations for integrations with EigenLayer and EigenDA.
- Drive education, onboarding, and support efforts for developers and validators.
- Capture and convey best practices and provide guidance around integration with EigenLayer and EigenDA.
- Own documentation and guides, including code samples and prototypes.
- Design and create developer tools that enable users to build more efficiently and effectively with EigenLayer.
- Oversee real-time technical support for developers and validators via external channels such as Discord.
- Participate in hackathons and conferences, including speaking and teaching opportunities.
- Provide direct input and feedback from the field to the engineering team developing EigenLayer and EigenDA.
In order to do this work effectively, you will need to:
- Constantly learn new technical concepts, ideas, and frameworks, as you work across many different projects and technologies.
- Comfortably build strong peer-level relationships with technical leaders from high-profile projects across the crypto ecosystem.
- Travel to major industry hackathons and conferences several times a year.
You have mastered CS fundamentals and related technical skills:
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years in developer relations or solutions architecture in blockchain or developer-focused software companies.
- Ideally, experience with some of the key technologies we use across the blockchain, cryptography, and distributed systems domains: Solidity and other smart contract languages, polynomial commitments, signature schemes, hash functions, erasure codes, and multithreaded/parallel computing.
You find it fulfilling to engage with the broader technical community:
- A strong track record of speaking, presenting, and teaching highly technical topics, virtually and/or in-person.
- Experience participating in major crypto industry hackathons and conferences; even better if you have helped organize or lead any events or community programs.
You enjoy contributing in a startup environment:
- You are a self starter that thrives in a small team environment and is capable of wearing multiple hats in different situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently or with a team.
- High attention to detail and ability to remain organized with multiple simultaneous projects.
You want to contribute to crypto’s potential to improve people’s lives:
- You are excited about the Ethereum roadmap and the modular blockchain thesis, and believe these technologies will change the world.
- Recognize the culture and community in crypto are different from other industries, and know you want to embrace and improve them.