EigenLabs spearheads the development of EigenLayer, a platform that provides cryptographic security as a service for an array of proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain components, encompassing rollups, bridges, oracles, and decentralized applications (dApps). The current blockchain landscape often requires each service to be fortified by its distinct token, which can present significant challenges due to the complications of bootstrapping new tokens, often resulting in inadequate capital for securing these services.
EigenLayer offers an innovative solution by allowing blockchain services to harness the security infrastructure of Ethereum, thereby eliminating the need to rely solely on their individual token values. This unique setup allows stakeholders in the Ethereum PoS network to 're-stake' their assets with EigenLayer to fortify other services while potentially garnering enhanced returns.
This robust security guarantee is offered to customers in exchange for transaction fees, thereby eliminating the necessity for substantial initial capital investments. This paves the way for the development of pioneering blockchain modules, making blockchain innovation more accessible and affordable
About the Role
Join EigenLabs as a Senior Frontend Engineer and be part of our mission to enable permissionless innovation on Ethereum through EigenLayer protocol, EigenDA data availability service, and other products. Take on exciting projects, collaborate with talented professionals, and shape the future of our company. Together, let's make building on Ethereum more accessible and user-friendly for individuals and institutions. We're seeking a motivated individual who can blend design and programming to create user-friendly interfaces using React and related technologies. You'll play a crucial role in leading frontend development, mentoring a team, solving technical challenges, and delivering high-quality applications. If you're passionate about designing Web3 interfaces and want to contribute to improving the lives of billions through blockchain technology, we'd love to hear from you.
- Lead frontend development across the entire EigenLayer product suite. Deliver and own large features end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, operability, and ongoing metrics.
- Work closely with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements, and build UI solutions that meet the needs of our Web3 products.
- Conduct user research and incorporate feedback into design iterations.
- Optimize application performance, and ensure responsiveness across multiple devices and platforms.
- Work across client, server, architecture, and infrastructure that powers all of our web products. This includes all our web apps, our brand sites, UI component libraries, dependency management, logging/observability, and Build/CI.
- Experience implementing and updating design systems as front-end requirements evolve with a growing product suite.
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to security, performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of frontend systems
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, providing mentoring where it makes sense
- Build high quality code following unit testing and test driven development. Build test automation and evaluate the apps for cross-browser/cross-device compatibility, security and performance pitfalls.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to debug complex frontend issues
- You take pride in delivering a strong UX and actively take ownership of front-end development projects, contributing to the vision and driving the success of the product.
- 4+ years of frontend engineering with React, and Typescript: Familiarity with best practices, performance optimization, and component-based architecture. A deep understanding of React and client side application architecture and experience writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Responsive design and cross-browser compatibility: Skilled in creating responsive designs that work well on various devices and screen sizes. Awareness of browser compatibility issues and knowhow to address them.
- State management and data handling: experience managing application state. Proficiency in handling asynchronous requests, working with APIs, and handling errors gracefully. Understanding of various protocols or design methodologies like GraphQL, REST vs RPC to suggest design tradeoffs for front end development.
- Demonstrated passion for Web3 with a fundamental understanding of how users interact with blockchains via digital wallets. Familiarity with libraries such as Ethers.js and Web3.js for frontend work, but also a good technical understanding of how Ethereum functions.
- Testing and debugging: proficient in writing unit, integration, and automated end-to-end tests using testing frameworks and libraries such as Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Cypress, etc. Skilled in using browser developer tools for debugging and performance analysis.
- Performance optimization: Candidates should be knowledgeable about frontend performance optimization techniques, such as lazy loading, code splitting, and using build tools to minimize and optimize assets.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional and geographically remote teams, partners, and community members.
- Proficiency with React Hooks: thorough understanding of React Hooks and their benefits, such as improved reusability, cleaner code, and better separation of concerns. Ability to refactor class components into functional components using hooks such as useState, useEffect, useContext, and custom hooks. Demonstrated experience using modern React Hooks patterns in real-world projects is essential for optimizing code quality and maintainability.
- Proficient in industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Creative Suite
- Connect with the developer community and collaborate with engineering teams within the ecosystem. Contributions to open-source blockchain projects.
You enjoy contributing in a team environment
- The ideal candidate does not hold the view that they are an expert in everything, and they do show an eagerness to learn. They should be inquisitive and curious about what we’re building and ask questions that show they are able to branch out from their domain of technical expertise to others by asking thoughtful questions.
- Proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team.
- Proactively contribute to discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes.
You want to help the crypto ecosystem improve the everyday lives of billions
- Excited to learn and develop blockchain technology, even if you don’t have crypto development experience yet.
- Recognize the culture and community in crypto are different from other professional software industries, and you want to embrace and improve it.