About the eharmony Team
eharmony’s mission is to create real love for all.
As a pioneer in the online dating world, we’re an ambitious team of calculated risk-takers, continuously evolving to provide today’s daters with a best-in-class relationship platform. We believe in putting people first -- both our members and our team. We love what we do, and we have a lot of fun along the way. We’re proud to create an environment for people to be seen, heard and ultimately, thrive.
eharmony was founded in 2000, creating a new way to approach dating. For over two decades, we’ve remained dedicated to providing a safe space to meet new people and start meaningful relationships. A lot has changed, both in popular culture and our competitive space in that time, and eharmony has stayed true to its mission to help people find real love. Having now joined forces with the ParshipMeet Group, the eharmony team is motivated to address the many new and emerging needs in today’s online dating space.
The Senior PR & Social Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing eharmony’s PR & Social strategy for the UK and AU markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to initiate and drive creative and out-of-the-box programmes that can help enhance eharmony’s reputation, drive brand preference and consideration, and continue to build brand differentiation within a competitive and fragmented market.
PR will work closely with the UK & AU marketing team including Creative/Content, SEO & TV channels, to provide a truly integrated communications approach that positions eharmony as the first choice for those looking for love, and a serious & lasting relationship.
The role reports to the VP Marketing - International and will work very closely with our AU based PR agency, and international PR teams in the US and Europe. It will suit someone hands-on who thrives in an ambiguous start-up environment playing multiple roles. The candidate must be articulate, adaptable and both genuinely excited for and enthusiastic about people who are madly in love. eharmony offers compensation packages with base salary, discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits.
- Develop and deliver a solid, focused and results driven PR & Social strategy across UK & Australia
- Grow both quality and quantity of media coverage, amongst print, online and broadcast media
- Initiate exciting and innovative PR & Social marketing efforts and campaigns to help promote the brand, that are closely integrated with overall marketing efforts and can help step-change acquisition efforts
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with appropriate UK/AU national & regional media contacts across news, lifestyle, and trade
- Deliver competent measurement reports on the business impact of PR & Social initiatives
- Manage an editorial calendar and collaborate with our Creative & Content team to develop content to aid search engine optimization
- Act as a spokesperson for eharmony UK and manage AU spokespeople
- Develop a deep knowledge of the current & target user audiences, providing customer and market insights into the organisation, and ensuring consumer messaging is segmented and always up to date
- Management of AU PR agency and one direct Social Media report (to be hired), and PR budget
- Write and edit statements, press releases, contributed stories, presentations and other PR materials
- Identify and leverage appropriate partnerships with external companies and brands
- Drive eharmony’s relationship with our UK Success Couples
- 10+ years consumer PR & Social experience either in-house and/or with an agency
- BA or equivalent experience
- Experience managing external agencies to maximize performance
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can work effectively in a small, start-up environment & with remote international teams
- Empathetic, personable and affable demeanor