Position Type: Full-time | W-2
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Employees work from home, from E-g’s office in Indianapolis, or the client’s office depending on client engagement requirements.
We currently cannot sponsor or transfer visas.
We are seeking an experienced Front-End Developer to join our team! We want a developer with a passion for delivering excellence for our clients. You will work with our talented engineers to design and build the next generation of web applications.
Who you are:
- Continually improving and honing your skills to meet the needs of our customers
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and being an active participant in helping your teammates grow and become the best they can be
- Humble — you focus on doing what is best for customers and the team vs. being "right."
What you like:
- Enjoy working hard with a collaborative team
- Driven to serve clients well
- Taking on initiatives to solve problems, learn new technologies and skill sets
- Helping teammates work through challenges
What you'll do:
- Design and develop applications using modern web technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Focus on delivering business value for clients, not just completing projects
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you bring:
- Comfort level working with others on a development team. This includes respect for other team members. We believe the best software teams can write quality software without toxicity.
- A willingness to help other developers and the humility to seek help when needed
- Passion for technology and continuous learning
- Strong experience in at least one modern front-end framework (i.e., React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience with TypeScript development
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience designing and architecting front-end web applications
- Experience with unit testing (practice with TDD as a bonus)
- Experience with end-to-end testing tools and designing test systems
- Experience working with token-based authorization/authentication systems
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to design UI workflows and wireframe potential designs
- Ability to talk through trade-offs with UI designs
- Ability to develop/design a mobile-first, responsive web application
E-gineering (EG) is an employee-owned software consulting company established in Indianapolis, Indiana (2000). We believe true consulting is a heart for serving people, hands working with excellence, and minds fixed on integrity.
We stand behind our work, always do what is right, and risk the consequences.
Why Join Us?
Work / Life Balance: We will ALWAYS protect a 40-hour work week. We don't know the climate out in the rest of the world, but we wouldn't assume that other companies won't prioritize productivity and total work over your personal life.
Best Place to Work: We haven't been around forever, but we have a 20+ year history of acting the same way and prioritizing employee satisfaction over anything else. For over 12 years, we have been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Indiana and consistently rank in the top 3.
Grace: It's not a question of IF tough times are coming to each of us personally, but WHEN. We get it. When life turns hard, work is at best a blur and at worst a crippling, stressful distraction from what's important. We try to give as much grace in these situations as is possible, and then some. If you haven't been in these situations before, bless you, but if you have, you know how important it is to have the freedom to take care of your family and yourself without worrying about how you will get your work done. We always try to keep that in focus.
Here are some of our key benefits:
- Full Medical: EG Pays 100% of the premium for employees AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 5% match with immediate vesting
- Employee Owned: EG is a 100% employee-owned company. We allocate shares of the company each year to employees. As the company increases in value, so do your shares.
- Generous paid time off
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Home office allowance: EG will give you a stipend to set up your office