Position Type: Full-time | W-2
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Employees work from home, from E-g’s office in Indianapolis, or the client’s office depending on client engagement requirements.
E-gineering seeks Senior Developers with a focus on the Microsoft .NET ecosystem. Here are some examples of the kinds of things we do:
- Work on collaborative, blended development teams rapidly delivering software using agile principles
- Assist clients with the development of good CI/CD practices and DevOps culture
- Assist in decision-making around and implementation of distributed systems for large enterprises
- Architect solutions that deliver business value for clients
- Cloud deployment and migration
Who you are:
- Continually improving and honing your skills to meet the needs of our customers
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and being an active participant in helping your teammates grow and become the best they can be
- Humble — you focus on doing what is best for customers and the team vs. being "right."
What you like:
- Enjoy working hard with a collaborative team
- Driven to serve clients well
- Taking on initiatives to solve problems, learn new technologies and skill sets
- Helping teammates work through challenges
What you'll do:
- Deliver solutions written in .NET framework, .NET Core languages
- Deliver good API design in collaboration with front-end developers and other integrators
- Communicate with business stakeholders and decision-makers about development activities and solutions
- Advise clients on technology decisions
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you bring:
- We require at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field for the position.
- 4+ years of .NET development
- Extensive understanding of how to use SQL databases from .NET code
- Extensive knowledge and experience with at least one cloud provider (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with unit and integration testing and designing test systems
- Understanding of architectural trade-offs when designing software systems. Able to guide your team and client in understanding those trade-offs.
- Comfortable designing and creating REST APIs. GraphQL, grpc, and other API types are also great to have.
- Flexible about working with others on a development team, which includes respect for other team members. We believe the best software teams can write quality software without toxicity. Candidates should have a willingness to help other developers and the humility to seek help when needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Great to have:
- Experience with Agile philosophies and methodologies
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior developers
- Experience with distributed system technologies such as Kubernetes
- Experience with messaging and event-oriented technologies such as MQ or Kafka
- Experience and passion for DevOps tools, technologies, and culture
- Experience with other development platforms/languages
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases