Job Type: W-2/1099
Location: Indianapolis, IN
E-gineering seeks jBASE developers (or equivalent) who will support a client’s application needs. Candidates with significant experience in procedural languages such as COBOL, C, Basic with a willingness to learn jBASE, will be considered.
- Remote (US-Only); working during Eastern Time zone
- W-2 position would require candidates to locate near Indianapolis, IN. At this time, we do not offer relocation assistance.
- W-2 employees work from home, from E-g’s office in Indianapolis, or the client’s office depending on client engagement requirements. Current client opportunities support remote work from home.
Duties and responsibilities
- Researches, designs, develops, evaluates, debugs, validates, and implements software and programs to provide technical solutions to meet specifications and business solutions as defined by corporate-wide user groups, and to meet the demands of efficient operations and outcomes.
- Participation in sprint meetings including daily standup, biweekly sprint review, and sprint planning meetings.
- Willingness to contribute to all aspects of full software lifecycle beyond development (documentation, meetings, PRs, testing, CI, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- jBASE programming language and environment knowledge; NOTE: candidates with significant experience in procedural languages such as COBOL, with a willingness to learn jBASE, will be considered.
- jBASE Pick-based MultiValue database experience.
- Experience with erwin database modeling tool.
- Linux OS
- Experience with software development and maintenance on large mission critical applications
- Agile, Scrum
- Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, and Bitbucket experience
- Pharmaceutical/Manufacturing processes and procedures. QSP process.
- Experience with manufacturing applications