Overview of eero
Wifi is the foundation of the modern home. Without it, nothing works. eero, an Amazon company, is the first company to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology, ensuring there isn’t a home layout or connected device we can’t handle. Fixing connectivity is, however, just the start. We’re working on the building blocks of the smart home by designing our own hardware, enabling it with powerful software, and tying it all together to the cloud. A home that anticipates our needs, takes care of us and our families, keeps us safe and healthy, and saves money and energy.
Overview of role
Business Operations is a new and critical function at eero, reporting to the Head of Business Operations. This role will work closely with the Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, and Operations teams to develop robust operational processes and data-informed analyses, ultimately supporting successful business growth, operational efficiency, and sales acceleration. This is a highly visible role in which you will have a high degree of autonomy, and outsized impact.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is highly analytical and process-driven, can assist with strategic planning, drive decisions forward, execute on high-impact projects, and lead through influence.
- Understands numbers intuitively: if the numbers don’t add up, you spot it first. If you find yourself or others repeating work, you automate it.
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and operational challenges.
- Has experience managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Enjoys rolling up their sleeves in a fast paced startup environment and getting things done.
- Is able to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Has an uncanny ability to embrace ambiguity and see around the corners.
- Has impeccable attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness.
What you will do:
- Build efficient processes and implement new systems: you will spot the highest priority business initiatives and improvement areas, and devise new processes or implement new systems to bring those to life.
- Lead or program manage multiple strategic initiatives at any given point. Some examples include: drafting business cases for a new market entry, influencing our pricing strategy, evaluating the impact of a new system integration opportunity, or strategizing to drive further monetization of a product line.
- Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting to leadership across eero and Amazon: you will be the hub for business data and communication, and act as the primary point of contact for sales, forecasting, and other business data for some of eero’s largest sales channels. When we over- or underperform in a given week, you’ll know why.
- Assist with strategic planning: You will identify opportunities to influence, support, and execute on our strategy. You will assist with the quarterly and annual planning processes.
- Collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally: you will need to navigate a complex organization split across eero, Amazon, and external partnerships. You will deeply understand the business dynamics of eero’s sales channels and recommend strategies that appropriately balance the needs of our various partners. As needed, you will gather and analyze data from multiple sources to inform decision-making at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of work experience in an analytically driven role in start-ups, and consulting, i-banking or PE/VC
- Sales forecasting and/or financial modelling experience
- Familiarity with business and sales systems
- Familiarity with BI tools
- Technology/hardware/consumer electronics industry exposure