Wifi is the foundation of the modern home. Without it, nothing works. eero has worked to eliminate frustration and redefine wifi as a cornerstone of the home. The smart home has been talked about for years, yet hasn’t panned out. Fixing connectivity is just the start. We’re working on the building blocks of the smart home by designing our own hardware, enabling it with powerful software, and tying it all together to the cloud. We are positioned to drive the next cycle of hardware and software innovation that elevates life at home. A home that anticipates our needs, takes care of us and our families, keeps us safe and healthy, and saves money and energy.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key partner in a highly innovative and rapidly growing subsidiary of Amazon. As an Accounting Manager, you will have responsibility for supporting our financial reporting process and help drive month-end close, reporting, and review of month-end reconciliations. This position also supports and can directly influence launches of business activities impacting the devices and services business by developing strategic solutions and partnering with key project stakeholders on execution. The ideal candidate for this position will have a solid understanding of GAAP, excellent communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the accounting team at the San Francisco, CA location to support eero’s product line and legal entity
- Instrumental in leading the three-day month-end close as well as reviewing key financial metrics (i.e., revenue, cost of goods sold, and operating expenses) for unusual or unexpected items
- Work closely with tax, inventory, legal, trade compliance teams, etc.
- Strong sense of ownership on various accounting/finance-related functions including SOX compliance, special projects, ad-hoc analysis as requested by Management
- Ability to identify process improvement and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization with scalable solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 6 total years of experience in Accounting/Finance and proficiency with inventory accounting/costing processes, etc.
- 3+ years of Operational accounting experience conducting the month-end closing function for a company or major line of business, including hands-on experience with large accounting and ERP systems
- CPA and/or Big 4 firm experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Mastery of accounting operations and best practices
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Aptitude for information technology
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to travel domestically 20% of the time