The Connectivity Team at eero is looking for a senior software engineer to implement new user features, improve eeroOS, our Linux-based operating system, and increase the performance and reliability of our eero nodes. Connectivity engineers use every trick in the book to give our customers fast, stable, and safe whole-home internet.
Systems engineers build the device software running on eero nodes using Go, python3, C, and Linux. In a typical week, a systems engineer will collaborate with peers to develop new features in Go, use data from the field to drive decisions, triage potential bugs, and review technical proposals. They work across engineering disciplines, product, and customer experience to ensure we continue to ship the best product possible.
What you’ll do:
- Build out a software platform that runs on the eero devices providing ubiquitous connectivity and compute services
- Implement new product features on eero devices while collaborating with mobile and cloud teams
- Analyze data collected from beta, field testers, and production to make decisions to improve our software and user experience
- Debug meaningful system issues reported by internal and external users of eero systems
- Keep eeroOS cutting-edge and running at peak performance
- Design and implement SDKs, APIs, and run-time services to enable development of next generation features
We are looking
- Has a BSCS / BSCE or equivalent
- Has 4 years of experience with systems programming on Linux systems
- Has 1 year or more programming with Go or Python
- Strives for simplicity and practicality in crafting systems
- Motivated to learn quickly and take ownership in a dynamic work environment
- Has designed, developed, and debugged distributed systems
- You possess a deep understanding of networking, and can explain how DNS, IPv6, ARP, DHCP, UPnP, PCP, and other networking technology works
- You have prior experience with developing operating systems running on the Linux kernel for consumer products and shipping those products successfully
- You are an authority in Golang
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t wait any longer. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: never worry about WiFi again. And that’s what we’ve done. eero is easy to setup, blankets your home with WiFi, and intelligently adapts to your home and devices for max performance. But it does not stop there. Imagine if everything from home automation to health monitoring could tap into the connectivity, context, and intelligence provided by an eero system. Not everything has to be smart, as long as it’s connected to something that is.
We also offer competitive benefits like full medical, dental, and vision coverage, on-site lunches, unlimited and flexible PTO, nine weeks of parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, and contribution towards commute and parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.