eero is looking for a Field Product Quality Engineer who’s passionate and takes great pride in launching high-quality products into the consumer market. The position will collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to monitor, triage and diagnose field quality issues, and drive corrective actions with external partners to prevent future quality events. The PQE will also contribute to establishing product design and performance validation testing requirements, performance and diagnostics criteria, as well as support quality management system implementations with partners to ensure that product is ready for production.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage several high priority activities including develop presentations and reports, interact and provide direction to internal teams, as well as CMs, JDMs and/or ODMs based in Asia Pacific, lead and facilitate resolutions for issues, approach and methodology disputes among the internal team and others including suppliers and manufacturing partners. In addition, the position will be able to travel to Asia Pacific to facilitate and audit quality systems & performance and ensure process effectiveness and compliance by the manufacturers, suppliers and eero operations.
What you'll do:
- Own the coordination, implementation and execution of test, triage and inspection processes and equipment for hardware field failures.
- Collaborate with in-region operations and quality team members to implement effective processes for incoming materials (IQC), work-in-process (WIP) and finished goods (FG), including inputs for any necessary Reliability test specification, validation and qualification activities.
- Contribute to the product quality criteria and determine if the product meets expectations.
- Work independently and with project team members to develop, design, control and meet deliverables, including quality plans, manufacturing and inspection documentation and test methods.
- Collaborate with technical teams to perform root cause failure analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions to preclude recurrence.
- Support implementation of closed-loop system on product related issues during EFFA (Early Field Failure Analysis) phase as data are collected and reported via social media, customer support, and the RMA centers.
- Respond to manufacturer audit findings by proposing and implementing necessary corrective and preventative actions.
- Review and verify non-conforming materials to initiate and drive associated corrective actions as required.
- Analyze and mine data using various data base systems, such as install base, NetSuite, Zendesk, JIRA, Looker, manufacturing test and external partners’ shop-floor traceability.
- Perform final product release activities in accordance with established procedures, production schedules, and gate exit requirements.
- Develop and prepare documentation, post reports, drive quality metrics and communication
- Drive respective teams responsible for issues until a decision or solution is reached.
- Own the coordination, tracking, reporting and closure of field quarantines, reworks or recalls.
- Track issues and task progresses in Jira and understand BOM components and layout with a PLM system (i.e. Arena, Agile, etc.)
We're looking for someone who has:
- BS degree in Quality/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- High energy to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- 7+ years of Hardware Quality Engineering experience working with New Product Introductions in off-shore manufacturing organizations, on high volume and complex electronics products.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in consumer electronics manufacturing; experience with Sensors, RF and/or Wi-Fi based products will be a plus
- Experience with industry standards (IEC, UL, ASTM, ANSI, TUV, ISO, IPC, MIL, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills (including, but not limited to: Windows/Mac, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Internet Search Skills)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow attitude
- Effective presentation and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability & willingness to travel as required for up to 25%
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.