As our Network Support Engineer, you will investigate the most difficult customer issues, and work with the Customer Experience, Product, and Engineering teams to resolve them. You will sit on eero’s Customer Experience team, but work closely with cross-functional colleagues across the organization. Your primary focus will be on our beta testers and providing support to our Beta Program Manager.
You are passionate about networking and the future of home WiFi, and are an unrelenting problem-solver who loves to help customers. This role will interact with most of the teams at eero, and work closely with our call centers in the US and EU. You take pride in doing excellent work, love balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and can both teach and learn from those around you.
Additionally, when we have new channel partners looking into selling eero, whether it be retail partners or Internet Service Providers, you will be there to support the initiatives by providing subject matter expertise.
Due to the nature of the work, we’re looking for on-call coverage 7am-11pm PT, 7 days a week. The coverage will naturally occur by more than one person, and specific schedules will be organized amongst the team.
What you’ll do:
· Develop Deep Product Expertise: The successful Network Support Engineer will understand eero’s technology backwards and forwards. You’ll know how all the pieces fit together and grow to quickly debug tough cases based on an intuitive understanding of how eero works.
· Manage Beta Escalations : Quickly resolve critical customer issues. Manage Beta support, ensuring to acknowledge and resolve these issues in the most effective means possible. In some cases this will include travel to a customer or partner to troubleshoot.
· Assist with Beta Recruiting and Surveys: Help Identify new beta testers, design surveys to gather relevant information from them, and review survey analytics to inform product and engineering before production release of software.
· Manage Employee Support: Directly assisting employees and escalating new issues to Engineering as needed.
· Train Others: Incorporate knowledge and learnings into training and documentation for customers, eero’s support team, and Partners.
· Data Analytics: Identify, analyze, and interpret support contact trends or patterns. Reports actionable findings to our product and engineering teams.
· 2+ years experience with, network technologies including firewalls, routing/switching, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax wireless networks,.networking protocols, including TCP, UDP, DHCP, ARP, Ethernet, etc.
· 2+ years of experience supporting or testing LANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, Network Services (DHCP, DNS, UPnP, etc.)
· Experience with Charles Proxy, Wireshark, and *nix networking debug tools.
· Outstanding written and verbal customer service and communication skills. Ability to interface with VIPs and partners.
· Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
· A strong track record of networking-related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age