As our Network Support Engineer, you will investigate the most difficult customer issues, and work with the Customer Experience, Product, and Engineering teams to resolve them. You will sit on eero’s Customer Experience team, but work closely with cross-functional colleagues across the organization.
You are passionate about networking and the future of home WiFi, and are an unrelenting problem-solver who loves to help customers. This role will interact with most of the teams at eero, and work closely with our call center located in Austin, TX. You take pride in doing excellent work, love balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and can both teach and learn from those around you.
Additionally, when we have new channel partners looking into selling eero, whether it be retail partners or Internet Service Providers, you will be there to support the initiatives by providing subject matter expertise.
Due to the nature of the work, we’re looking for on-call coverage 7am-11pm PT, 7 days a week. The coverage will naturally occur by more than one person, and specific schedules will be organized amongst the team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Deep Product Expertise: The successful Network Support Engineer will understand eero’s technology backwards and forwards. You’ll know how all the pieces fit together and grow to quickly debug tough cases based on an intuitive understanding of how eero works.
- Triage Support Escalations: Troubleshoot and diagnose the trickiest home networking issues reported by eero customers. Triage escalations from the Austin support team to ensure they have the tools and expertise necessary to do their jobs and resolve every customer issue.
- Manage VIP Escalations : Quickly resolve critical customer issues. Manage VIP support, ensuring to acknowledge and resolve these issues in the most effective means possible. In some cases this will include travel to a customer or partner to troubleshoot.
- Manage Partner Support: Provide technical support for business development initiatives, including partner demos, troubleshooting, and training.
- Manage Employee Support: Directly assisting employees and escalating new issues to Engineering as needed.
- Train Others: Incorporate knowledge and learnings into training and documentation for customers, eero’s support team, and Partners.
- 3 years of experience supporting or testing LANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, Network Services (DHCP, DNS, UPnP, etc.)
- A fundamental understanding of, and hands on experience with, network technologies including firewalls, routing/switching, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks.
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols, including TCP, UDP, DHCP, ARP, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience with Charles Proxy, Wireshark, and *nix networking debug tools.
- Outstanding written and verbal customer service and communication skills. Ability to interface with VIPs and partners.
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- A strong track record of networking-related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.