The Technical Program Manager - Operations is responsible to drive the full end to end development design and manufacturing production of eero product packaging and own packout on production line. Their role starts from the packaging design concept phase and continues until the product reaches end of life. An operational scope is required, with experience in consumer packaging including printing die presses, corrugate, laminates, forming processes, color controls, process control and qualification, packaging raw materials, yields, product configuration, and new process qualification. You are the type of person who has a bias for action to identify gating decisions, gather data, weigh the options, and continue the program forward. You apply experience and bias to think strategically and act tactically to bring packaging solutions which balance user experience, product branding, manufacturability, and cost to market.
What you'll do:
- Lead eero’s packaging development and new product introduction
- Work with marketing, ID, suppliers, and product to define and deliver a best in class out of box experience
- Commit to build schedules
- Own the execution of packaging development by enforcing the proper documentation from suppliers via 3D CAD and 2D subassembly drawings and artwork files in document control
- Perform Packout validation and qualification of packaging at CM and Packout facility for full retail shipment
- Drive DFx during early design phases to optimize packaging design relative to cost and manufacturability
- Develop rapport with supplier partners and detailed knowledge of "how the factory works" its capabilities and limitations.
- Own the packaging BOM structure and revision controls
- Engage with manufacturing partners
- Develop and qualify packaging production processes at suppliers
- Coordinate builds, qualification tests, and prove packaging meets quality and functionality
- Design of experiments to resolve fit, transfer, transportation issues.
- Support coverage in region with travel up to 2 trips per quarter to Asia to drive issue resolution and/or support build/ramp activities
- Lead weekly Packaging Core meetings and supplier development meetings.
- Commit to delivery of packaging to build readiness for packout processes for production.
We’re looking for someone who:
- 3+ years in consumer retail consumer electronic packaging industry possessing having direct responsibility to deliver product which includes mixtures of raw materials for retail packaged products and retail point-of-sale displays
- 3D experience to modify CAD dimensions and create drawings (Solidworks / NX)
- Knowledgeable about CMYK printing process, process qualification; experience with supporting international products will be a plus
- Experience with thermoform, sheet forming, molded pulp, foldex box, greyboard wrap, and corrugated cardboard.
- Ability to conduct Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Familiarity of applying 5M+E
- Demonstrated experience on production packout line and qualifying end to end products which require packout.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Exceptional communication skills via brevity and details; able to distill information to communicate to appropriate audience.
- Understanding of Asia business culture
- Attention to detail without becoming lost in the details
Bonus Points for:
- Mandarin Chinese language (spoken)
- Vietnamese language (spoken)
Pursuant to the San Francisco/ Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.