At eero we are focused on making networks--the connections between things--first-class members of people’s digital lives. This means not only providing a secure-out-of-the-box network, but also moving the needle in how people understand, design, and manage their network where security, privacy, isolation, and alerting are requirements.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to build user-facing and back-end applications that leverage eero’s unique entry point into the home. On a given day, you build applications on kernel interfaces (such as netfilter) to monitor and filter connections on a router. When the existing APIs fall short, you modify the kernel. The next day, you are working to build a user-facing application using open source software, the next, defining APIs.
You are familiar with the protocols typically seen used by IoT (and other home-centric) devices, and understand the security models employed. You can navigate the difference in philosophy between IPv4 and IPv6 consumer networks and understand how to architect software accordingly. You work with our Data Software Engineer and User Experience Software engineer to turn the data collected into user-facing networking and security features, software applications, and back-end cloud services.
We realize that networking is in many respects still the digital wild west. Ultimately you should be determined to improve the status quo for networking and digital security.
We’re looking for someone who
- Builds. You are a generalist who has 3+ years professional experience with networking stacks and web applications
- Has a solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, software design, and distributed systems
- Is technical. You can lead architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Is curious. You love exploring new technologies and architectural trends
- Develops and deploys. You have a deep understanding of the full development life cycle starting with feature concept to shipping of a feature
- Is comfortable working with internal systems. Defining APIs, reviewing technical proposals, and contributing to our internal tools and test frameworks
- Collaborates. You enjoy working with teams and communicate proactively on complex projects
- Bonus #1: Is familiar with DNS, internet performance, and/or internet security
- Bonus #2: You have Linux kernel and netfilter experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.