We live in a connected world and WiFi has become a critical component to every home. eero is the first company to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about WiFi ever again. On top of our WiFi platform, we deliver Software Services to our users and business partners, currently in the form of eero Plus — network-level security. With eero Plus, we aspire to empower everyone to own their digital footprint.
We are scaling our Software Services team and are looking for an experienced, motivated engineering manager. As the engineering manager, you will build and mentor the team and guide them to add value to our customers and business partners through improved features and workflows, security and privacy.
This is a hands-on role managing a cross-functional, agile engineering team and working closely with our product team, design team, and stakeholders to deliver strategic wins. Some days you will lead high-level strategy, others you will be hiring the team, and on others you will execute against the roadmap. This is an opportunity to build an amazing consumer and B2B product.
What you’ll do
- Hire. You will be in charge of building out a team of highly talented engineers
- Lead. You own the output of the team, get to build the team culture, and will develop engineers and help them advance their careers
- Drive. We have aggressive goals to hit and you will lead project and sprint planning and execution
- Cross-functional execution. Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, product, design, QA, and marketing on delivery of key initiatives
We’re looking for someone who
- Has 2 to 4 years of engineering management experience
- Has a solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, software design, and distributed systems
- Builds teams. You figure out what big things are coming down the pipe, and building and sustaining the right team to tackle them
- Manages. You define, schedule, and assign work to be done, excelling at planning, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability
- Mentors. You set goals and responsibilities for individual reports, hold performance reviews, and provide feedback early and often
- Communicates. You enjoy communicating statuses (progress, challenges, and updates) across engineering, leadership teams, and the wider eero team
- Can dig into the details. You have the ability to jump in and write code when needed and lead the team by example
- Bonus #1: Is familiar with DNS, internet performance, and/or internet security
- Bonus #2: Has experience founding or leading a startup