eero is looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer who’s passionate and takes great pride in launching high quality and reliable products into the consumer market. The position will collaborate with cross-functional team members to establish product design and performance validation test methodologies and performance specifications to ensure that product is ready for production.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for reliability calculations, performance tests and field analysis of eero products. You will partner with Development Engineering, Material Sourcing, Manufacturing Engineering, Strategic Product Development, Manufacturing Partners and Component Suppliers to achieve key product quality, cost, and reliability goals. Specifically, this person will work with eero Development Engineers on new products reliability tests and assessments, identify critical field issues and actively implement actions with eero partnered CMs, JDMs and/or ODMs based in Asia.
What you'll do:
- Perform reliability predictions of eero products, report data and highlight reliability results to cross-functional team (Operations, Finance, Product).
- Verify suppliers’ reliability calculations and tests at component level in partnership with Component, Supplier Quality and Supply Chain engineers.
- Establish reliability tests to qualify eero products.
- Develop the reliability plan with goals and quantifiable results: MTBF level, HALT, ALT, 85C/85RH etc. tests
- Perform DFR reviews by partnering with Engineering and Manufacturers to achieve key reliability goals (i.e. design margin analysis, preferred parts, suppliers, component/system, alternative components or technologies).
- Execute the reliability qualification plan by driving external labs and leveraging internal resources.
- Write Engineering Verification Test plans, execute plans, and write test reports.
- Define a set of production reliability tests and methodologies in order to ensure field reliable parts such as ORT, ESS, FMEA, DFX, etc.
- Apply metrics for monitoring the field reliability performance and dynamically act on the findings with corrective actions, using best-in-class methodologies such as 8D, fish bone, 6 Sigma, DMAIC, FMEA, and SPC.
- Identify field trends and set up alerts using applications such as Weibull++ or JMP and perform sound analysis on field data.
- Report on findings at Quality meetings and reach consensus on the actions to be applied.
- Analyze failures from field, production and qualification tests providing improvement suggestions based on the failure mechanisms and root causes, to Develop Engineering, Manufacturers and Customer Support.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement at eero and inspire best practices by writing guidelines, providing feedback, solutions, applying innovative metrics and measurements, planning DOEs, and bench marking the state of the art in comparable industries, technologies and companies.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Technical Degree (BSEE, BSME, BSCS, Physics, Industrial Engineering, other)
- 7 to 10 years of experience in consumer electronics manufacturing; experience with Sensors, RF and/or Wi-Fi based products will be a plus
- Reliability Engineering experience in high volume and complex electronics products.
- Experience with industry standards (IEC, UL, ASTM, ANSI, TUV, ISO, IPC, MIL, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal skills.
- Results driven, team player, proven ability to influence design teams and cross-company teams.
- Must have ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with documentation required for manufacturing assembly & test of RF systems, particularly BOMs, Schematics, Block Diagrams, Release Notes, System Requirement Documents, Assembly Instructions, MFG Test Instructions.
- Ability to work independently on testing & diagnosis of system failures down to the board level and component level product, including test, debug and repair. Work with Design Engineers to resolve issues with reliability test results.
- Strong analytical, technical, problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a variety of locations (office, external labs, customer sites, contract manufacturers)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Windows, Linux) both GUI and Command Line
- Familiarity with various programming languages (LabVIEW, C/C++/C#, Excel VBA, Python, Scripting, HTML/XML, scripts, batch files) and test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, LISNs, network analyzers, current probes, etc.
- Ability & willingness to travel as required for up to 25%
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.