eero is looking for a highly proficient, hands-on WiFi Software Development Engineer to further contribute and enhance the connectivity efficiency and experience of our devices and clients. You will help to improve our mesh and client connectivity, design new features, and ensure that the end users have a great connectivity experience. You'll work closely with testing teams, to help discover and debug issues.
As part of eero’s mission to reinvent WiFi, you’ll be making a difference in the fabric of the modern home.
Role & Responsibilities
- Enhance the mesh experiences for eero's whole home connectivity products
- Take various client connectivity performance to next levels
- Design and implement new roaming features
- Analyze connectivity problems and come out with complete solutions
- Dive deep into embedded system internals
- Improve wireless drivers, firmware, hostap components
- Drive decisions about testing improvements
- Work with core operating system, mobile and cloud teams to deliver features
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with embedded firmware, Linux Kernel and driver development
- Knowledge of 802.11, 802.3, DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, Linux bridge and network stack internals
- Proficient C development skills
- Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
- Experience with wireless networking hardware such as routers, switches, wireless access points
- Knowledge of Experience working on wireless embedded systems or consumer electronics
- Solid working experience with Python
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t wait any longer. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: never worry about WiFi again. And that’s what we’ve done. eero is easy to setup, blankets your home with WiFi, and intelligently adapts to your home and devices for max performance. But it does not stop there. Imagine if everything from home automation to health monitoring could tap into the connectivity, context, and intelligence provided by an eero system. Not everything has to be smart, as long as it’s connected to something that is.
We also offer competitive benefits like full medical, dental, and vision coverage, on-site lunches, unlimited and flexible PTO, nine weeks of parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, and contribution towards commute and parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.