We live in a connected world and WiFi has become a critical component to every home. eero is the first company to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about WiFi ever again. We all believe deeply in what we’re doing, and, as importantly, we enjoy doing it together.
At eero, we’re building the connected home of the future and are looking for a product-focused Android engineer to help make that happen. Our team, consisting of mobile, cloud, and embedded engineers, works on key features built around the user experience. As an Android engineer, you will also work closely with our Product and Design teams to identify, prototype, and execute on future consumer experiences. eero’s Android app is essential to connecting the consumer to their home network, giving them full control of their WiFi and connected devices. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating new frameworks and tools, mentoring fellow engineers, improving our build process, and shaping eero’s future roadmap.
We're looking for you if...
- You have been building Android applications for 3+ years.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have an extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles.
- You can lead Android architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions (eg. familiar with MVP, Clean, MVVM, etc. and can evaluate the benefits of each).
- You have experience writing highly performant Java code and view layouts, and have the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks.
- You are comfortable with software development fundamentals, especially code modularity and maintainability.
- You are capable and interested in supporting the growth of the Android team through thoughtful leadership and mentorship.
- You can act as a thought leader when it comes to evaluating new frameworks and tools for the app and the team.
- You are passionate about Android!
Things that might interest you:
- At eero we own the full stack. We build our own hardware and deploy everything from the eero firmware, to the cloud services, to the mobile apps. We are truly cross-functional and multi-disciplinary at both the team and company level.
- Our app has a few twists on the traditional API client. We communicate directly with eero hardware via both Bluetooth and HTTP/2 & gRPC using a modern trust model and public key infrastructure.
- We encourage self-directed work along with that assigned by your team. We're always open to discussing refactoring and re-architecting when good ideas come.
- We value simplifying and scaling our build, test, and deployment processes.
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t wait any longer. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: never worry about WiFi again. And that’s what we’ve done. eero is easy to setup, blankets your home with WiFi, and intelligently adapts to your home and devices for max performance. But it does not stop there. Imagine if everything from home automation to health monitoring could tap into the connectivity, context, and intelligence provided by an eero system. Not everything has to be smart, as long as it’s connected to something that is.
We also offer competitive benefits like full medical, dental, and vision coverage, on-site lunches, unlimited and flexible PTO, nine weeks of parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, and contribution towards commute and parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.