We live in a connected world and WiFi has become a critical component to every home. eero is the first company to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about WiFi ever again.
eero is looking for a highly proficient, hands-on WiFi Test Automation Engineer to further enhance our test systems and keep our platform running smoothly. You will help to improve our mesh and client connectivity, build test cases and automation systems, validate software releases, and ensure that end users have a great connectivity experience. You'll work closely with the development teams to help discover, reproduce and debug issues. As part of eero’s mission to reinvent WiFi, you’ll be making a difference in the fabric of the modern home.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage test systems, design automation infrastructure and merge to continuous integration
- Develop new comprehensive test modules
- Produce repeatable and comparable test reports
- Ensure results are well organized and presented
- Reduce the time to get meaningful and repeatable data
- Improve documentation for the test systems
- Support distributed development and test teams
- You have 4 or more years of meaningful industry experience
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- You have deep knowledge of 802.11, 802.3 and IPv4
- You have experience with networking hardware such as routers, switches, wireless access points
- You are well versed in embedded firmware and Linux
- You are proficient with Bash, Python, or relevant languages
- You have an understanding of IPv6, roaming, 802.11k, 802.11v, 802.11r
- You have knowledge of RF equipment, tools
- You are experienced with build systems and REST API development
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t wait any longer. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: never worry about WiFi again. And that’s what we’ve done. eero is easy to setup, blankets your home with WiFi, and intelligently adapts to your home and devices for max performance. But it does not stop there. Imagine if everything from home automation to health monitoring could tap into the connectivity, context, and intelligence provided by an eero system. Not everything has to be smart, as long as it’s connected to something that is.
We also offer competitive benefits like full medical, dental, and vision coverage, on-site lunches, unlimited and flexible PTO, nine weeks of parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, and contribution towards commute and parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.