At eero, we are committed to continuous product innovation and data is key to everything we do! Our data team members deal with many billions of device data interactions everyday, handled by our scalable real-time data infrastructure built for this ever growing firehose of data. We also have complex manufacturing, business, and CX data that we ingest. You will have a key role in defining and creating metrics, KPIs, and partner data from all of this data alongside the members of the data infrastructure and data science teams. You will also provide guidance and participate in the “final mile” of data engineering work that transforms disparate source data into high quality metrics, KPIs, and dashboards. You will also participate in the operational management of BI Tooling such as Looker, our Redshift Data Warehouse, our iPaaS infrastructure, and the various tooling for disparate data ingestion for business sources alongside the Business Operations team.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer role works closely with a broad range of internal and external partners, empowering and guiding solutions for their analytic and metric data needs. In this role, you will work closely with our Business Operations team members, Data Infrastructure Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists to turn the vast array of data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions and drive business partner interactions. This role owns ensuring our metrics, analytics, and data are accurate, reliable, accessible, semantically sound, and completely trustable.
Our data is one of our biggest opportunities to continuously improve things and make customer experiences better, and you can directly impact this and how things are done as an integral member of the eero team.
What you'll do:
- Help to instill a data driven culture and data self-sufficiency across the organization
- Work with various teams, such as the Business Operations and Manufacturing Ops teams, to improve data processes and ensure data quality
- Provide mentorship and leadership for data insights, analytics, data ingestion, and metrics across the organization
- Responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of our Redshift Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration of those systems with other applications
- Define and extend our BI Visualization expertise
- Own logical and physical schema design as well as guide data usage for our Redshift and Temporal Data Warehouses
- Define and develop processes that make use of data flowing from our near real-time data infrastructure and platform and our S3/Parquet based SQL Data Lake
- Take an active role in the creation of Spark streaming ETL data pipelines that turn raw data into metrics and analytics
- Drive the quality control processes and SLA for data and metrics provided to partners
- Work across the organization to ensure data accuracy and availability, as well as help define a path forward for our self-service iPaaS data infrastructure
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Business or related subject
- Expertise in BI Visualization platforms such as Looker, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Proven BI Engineering and Analytics skills that drive cross-organization success
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and Data Warehouse data modeling
- In depth knowledge of data ingestion processes
- Expertise in pragmatic Data Analytics at scale for a data driven organization
- Proven Data and BI technical leadership skills
- Experience making use of data from large scale data platforms and big data systems
- Solid understanding of the proper application of statistics
- Expertise in business data ingestion processes and operations
- Knowledge and experience developing ETL and data warehouse processes
- iPaaS systems experience, such as Mulesoft or Snaplogic, a strong bonus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.