edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
2U is seeking a Financial Technology professional who has a passion for making a difference. Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to recent college graduates who seek to transition into careers in Financial Technology. Teaching Assistants will have a direct hand in changing the lives of our students.
This is a fully remote, part-time position.
Why teach with us?
Teaching Assistants help instructors to lead classroom discussions, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students. You don't have to have a ton of experience with teaching! You just have to be a lifelong learner, proven teacher or mentor, or love to help people change their lives to succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Create an engaging, positive, and inclusive learning environment for our students
- Explain complex topics to individuals with both a technical and non-technical background
- Ensure you are bringing the learning experience to life, building community and enhancing relevance through drawing on your own industry experience
- Infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the students' learning progression
- Assist the instructor with class time management
- Observe the class during code activities and projects to assist students (via Zoom)
- Research and answer student questions
- Grade homework and group project assignments when applicable
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 6 months of experience of financial technology experience (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- Must have a laptop, camera, and reliable internet access
- One additional monitor, microphone / headset are highly recommended
Familiarity with the following:
- Financial Fundamentals - Financial Ratios and Financial Analysis, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, and Solidity
- Financial Libraries and Tools - NumPy, SciPy, Ffn, and Quantopian
- Machine Learning Applications in Finance - Algorithmic Trading, Linear Regression, Scikit-learn, Financial Modeling, and Forecasting
- Financial Programming - Python 3, Pandas, Matplotlib, API Interactions, Amazon Web Services, and SQL
- 24-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- M/T/TH OR M/W/TH schedule
- Classes: 5:45 - 10pm (includes office hours and break)
- Classes are taught live online
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Paid Sick and Safe Leave
- Access to Wellness and Educational Resources
- 20% Discount on 2U Short Courses
- Hone your skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our instructional staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
Hourly salary only: The anticipated hourly salary for this role is $20/hr. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME*
Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.