edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
2U is seeking a Cybersecurity professional who has a passion for making a difference. Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to recent college graduates who seek to transition into careers in Cybersecurity. Instructors will have a direct hand in changing the lives of our students.
This is a fully remote, part-time position.
Why teach with us?
Instructors, with the help of teaching assistants; lead classroom discussions, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students. You don't have to have a ton of experience with teaching! You just have to be a lifelong learner, proven teacher or mentor, or love to help people change their lives to succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Lead online lectures following a detailed lesson plan that includes an active discussion environment and project-based learning.
- Bring the learning experience to life by building community and enhancing relevance by drawing on your own industry experience
- Translate complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner for a diverse range of learners or skill levels
- Provide support and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience
- Create an engaging, positive, and inclusive learning environment for our students.
- Increase participant engagement using diﬀerent facilitation tactics
- Guide large and small groups of learners in an empathetic manner
- Amplify student satisfaction by creating a positive classroom culture
- Communicating timely with students and leveraging effective interventions by sharing resources
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Must have a laptop, camera, and reliable internet access
- One additional monitor, microphone / headset are highly recommended
- Please note that Linux-based computers and Apple MacBooks featuring the Apple Silicon M1 or M2 chip are NOT PERMITTED
- A positive attitude
- Ability to deliver lesson plans provided by 2U
- Share your own professional experiences and industry insight with the students
- Be able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the student experience
Proficiency in the following is required:
- Networking with packet analysis, wireshark, router and switch configuration
- Systems with Windows and Linux
- Cybersecurity with secure network design and architecture, vulnerability assessment, and cryptography
- Ethical Hack and Penetration with Kali Linux, Metasploit, or Burp Suite
- Programming and Scripting with Python Program and Bash Scripting
- 24-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- M/T/TH OR M/W/TH schedule
- Classes: 5:45 - 10pm (includes office hours and break)
- Classes are taught live online
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Paid Sick and Safe Leave
- Access to Wellness and Educational Resources
- 20% Discount on 2U Short Courses
- Hone your skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our instructional staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
Hourly salary only: The anticipated hourly salary for this role is $49.27 - $52.35/hr. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME*
Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.