Senior Product Manager
As a Senior Product Manager, you will examine market conditions, the competitive and technology landscape, and customer input to evaluate and prioritize product opportunities. In this role, you will develop and execute a product roadmap to support and grow both our established offerings as well as new product lines. You’ll regularly engage with customers, business stakeholders, and engineering teams to identify, synthesize, and clearly communicate product requirements that create an outstanding experience and achieve desired outcomes for our learners. You will join the team directly responsible for transforming edx.org!
The Discovery team within edX is focused on helping learners find the right courses & programs that enable them to achieve their goals and transform their lives. You will lead at the intersection of marketing, brand, data, customer insights, and technology. The team is currently modernizing the technology ecosystem, paving the way for future rebrand and learner personalization efforts. You’ll explore opportunities to improve our search and browse experience; identify customer intent and create meaningful recommendations; product page optimizations, and other strategies.
- Define strategy, target outcomes, and product priorities informed by customer and business needs.
- Create comprehensive roadmaps in support of delivering critical outcomes. Regularly measure and communicate impact; adjusting course as needed..
- Interact directly with learners, educators, other product managers, and organizational stakeholders to understand emerging product needs and capture these in the form of product memos, demos, and executive presentations. Define the engineering backlog, technical requirements, and product features that will achieve desired outcomes.
- Define MVP and success measurements, examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- Lead a cross functional team of engineering, data science, UX, marketing, and others across the business to design solutions and deliver results.
- Represent your team and work with edX leadership, the company, and external stakeholders.
- 4+ years of product-focused experience
- A proven data driven and iterative approach, offering audacious hypotheses, while perpetually investing in testing and learning. Comfort with defining metrics and leveraging data insights to find new opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to roadmap ownership and development.
- Experience operating and thriving in a matrixed, results focused, fast-paced environment.
- Empathy for our customers and a relentless focus on improvement.
- An action-driven mindset with strong cross-team collaboration skills, including conflict resolution, negotiation, and seasoned presentation skills.
- E-commerce experience, including work with search & browse functionality
- Familiarity with validation methods, such as A/B testing + user testing.
- Track record of driving high impact initiatives with a consumer focus.
- Experience in higher education or education technology
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we understand there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.