The Product Marketing Manager is a critical member of the product marketing team, focused on MicroMasters programs. Our innovative MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities that help advance careers and can be applied towards a full Master’s degree. You will have a significant impact on the continued success and growth of this product line, creating Go to Market (GTM) plans, crafting personas and target audience, and managing the creation of all marketing materials needed to build the brand and drive product adoption.
The product marketing team at edX plays a critical role in launching and growing our products by knowing our learners and their needs and working across functional groups in the organization to develop and offer solutions. You will develop cohesive cross-functional relationships and work closely with Partner Success, Product, and Partnerships teams, and collaborate with various teams within Marketing.
You'll report into our Senior Manager of Product Marketing, who oversees edX’s credit bearing and eligible programs; MicroBachelors and MicroMasters programs.
- Manage the portfolio:
- Refine and communicate the value MicroMasters programs provide to learners.
- Understand the content/subject mix, brand mix and how to plan around/use these levers to strengthen the MicroMaters portfolio. Work with the Content team on white space opportunities and strategic growth through content.
- Constantly look for improvements and opportunities in the product line container, the learner experience, and content partner results.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team as needed to forecast MicroMasters program performance and to anticipate performance against goal, thereby identifying any potential gaps to address with marketing plans.
- Develop and own multi channel marketing plans
- Drive growth across the portfolio. Continuously seek to improve marketing strategies and tactics through an ongoing exploration and execution of creative ideas. Create opportunities for marketing to drive awareness and enrollments. Market the MicroMasters program portfolio to the fiscal bookings targets.
- Enable functions and teams in edX
- Enable edX teams to evangelize, sell, and acquire content for the MicroMasters portfolio. Anticipate needs and create and maintain a robust catalog of materials, collateral, and enablement tools to drive the business.
- Be the expert on the product line, current learners, and target audience.
- Be the product line expert and representative to partners, executives, teams, and peers. You are the person people will go to for the most up to date data, facts, insights,
- Regularly talk to MicroMasters learners to gain insights and stay ahead of trends. Create and maintain personas within the product line to target.
- 4+ years of related work experience with minimum 2 years experience in product marketing or brand management
- Passion for results, measurement, and optimization, with a capacity to relentlessly adjust as necessary to improve performance
- Capacity for developing strategic plans while balancing execution; propensity towards action
- Ability to translate complex subjects into understandable and motivating copy
- Experience writing and creating collateral, with meticulous attention to detail, for a variety of formats
- Ability to think out of the box and test new, creative approaches and strategies
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A track record of being highly collaborative, with excellence in building cross-functional relationships and alignment across diverse stakeholders
- Experience marketing in EdTech or higher education
Why you’ll like it here:
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.