We accept applications from remote employees in the following US states: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT.
As a member of the edX for Business team, you will build your skills as a full stack engineer to design and build products that attract new customers, scale our systems to support Businesses and Academic Institutions that want to send learners to edX for educational opportunities. As a paid product, edX for Business is a crucial strategy for edX’s sustainability as an independent non-profit that provides educational access to as many people as possible. With your help, edX for Business can upskill our customers’ employees while also bringing in revenue to remain a mission-aligned non-profit.
You will be working closely with a team of four other engineers, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager, as well as cross-functional peers across UX and Customer Success. Our team prides itself on balancing personal responsibility and helpfulness to others to “get stuff done” as a nimble small team.
- Help your team develop, and deploy full-stack SaaS using Python, Django, and React.
- Take ownership of parts of edX’s code base, including helping to prioritize, to diagnose and to fix bugs
- Work with the engineering and product teams to plan deliverables and goals
- Learn from your coworkers and share your knowledge with them through tech. talks, interest groups, company-wide demos, and hackathons.
- Develop skills by working on and helping release new features each quarter through our Agile process
- Between 5-8 years of software development experience (more or less)
- Depth of knowledge in at one or more core areas of web development, such as a frontend web framework, backend API experience, database query design, or prior experience with an ORM or backend framework
- A proven ability to pick up new technologies on the job
- Strong written communication skills
- A proactive work style and the willingness to ask for help where you need it
- A track record of owning applications and for working with product and your managers to ensure system stability
- Enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience or interest in DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering (Ansible, terraform, K8s
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with any frontend framework like Vue.js, Angular, React, or Backbone
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners’ potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.