We accept applications from remote employees in the following US states: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT.
edX Enterprise continues to grow to support our ambitious goals in upskilling and reskilling employees at companies across the globe, and we seek an Account Executive, Large Enterprise Sales.
You’ll play an integral part in the development, execution, and continued success of edX’s Large Enterprise Sales group. You will have an opportunity to shape the future of corporate learning and training, a market that’s in high-demand, in a fast-moving environment where results count.
We are looking for a high energy, results-oriented, experienced sales professional with a strong track record for identifying, negotiating, and closing sales within large organizations.
You’ll report directly to our Senior Director, Large Enterprises and work closely with our VP of Business Development, the Account Management and Customer Success teams, and our Account Executives.
- Expertly represent edX’s products, vision, value proposition, and solutions to large enterprises in the US and across the world.
- Actively contact prospects, both outbound and inbound, to build a pipeline of large business opportunities for your team and yourself.
- Independently uncover and understand prospects' learning needs at a granular level - establishing budget, authority, need and timeline.
- Consistently nurture a hybrid pipeline of both qualified leads that could become sales opportunities and potential deals that have yet to close.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending service improvements.
- Determine the appropriate times to involve and include specialists in Customer Success, Product Management, Professional Services, Legal, etc. in customer facing meetings, RFPs and creating solutions for prospects and customers.
- Evolve and implement targets and measurement KPIs for both operational effectiveness and financial results.
- Maintain professional competitive and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Be able to clearly promote and evangelize edX in a highly professional manner, while attending and speaking at key industry events and conferences to build the brand and develop new prospects.
- Continuously further professional education by researching and implementing best practices related to sales prospecting and the e-learning industry.
- 5+ years of proven experience in large enterprise sales (SaaS or EdTech/content sales experience a plus)
- A track record of success selling into F1000 companies
- Experience independently qualifying, negotiating, and closing deals
- Sustained track record of personal annual sales in excess of $2M
- An ability to write and design contract terms for management approval
- Good consensus building and communication skills, for both customer facing and internal edX audiences to create, promote and ‘sell’ special deals on their merits
- The ability to generate a high-quality pipeline, manage a large volume of opportunities through a sales process, and accurately forecast sales
- Hunger to succeed in a startup or hyper-growth business environment
- Solution selling approach and willingness to partner with internal colleagues to meet the business requirements of your prospects
- Experience selling into multinational organizations
- Experience speaking to C- and EVP-level clients
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Experience selling EdTech solutions
- Expertise selling into major business verticals
- Experience with Learning & Development buyers in large orgs
- Experience with LMS, ERP, middleware, content, learning and training content or platform sales are a huge plus
- Experience launching and selling a subscription model
Why you’ll like it here:
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners' potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
All edX employees currently are working fully remote, but applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office when we reopen. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.