edX seeks a highly motivated, intellectually curious product marketer who will have a direct impact on growing our online Master’s Degrees product line while working in a dynamic mission-driven organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Product Marketing, you will work as part of the marketing team in the development and execution of marketing and lead generation plans aimed at achieving program-specific enrollment targets for several of our online Master’s programs. You will function as a Brand Manager for your portfolio of Master’s degrees. Ideally, you’re a self-starter with experience in higher ed, you possess excellent communication skills, and you have an appetite to grow and scale multiple degree programs. You’ll also work closely with partners to define audiences and personas that will fuel digital marketing, and you’ll create collateral that will enable the organization to promote our Master’s programs.
- Develop positioning, target audiences, personas and strategic marketing plans for individual Master’s degree programs to attain application goals. Work with university partners and vendors as needed to set optimal goals. Work with the marketing team to implement those plans and evaluate the success of segmented communications to reach and engage the target audiences.
- Collaborate closely with university partners and program managers to determine enrollment goals, create, and implement co-marketing plans that will achieve program goals and project and track performance.
- Collaborate with the Lead Generation team to conceive of and execute various paid campaigns, such as paid search, paid social, affiliate marketing, and display advertising to achieve lead goals.
- Develop the plan for and work with the brand and digital marketing teams to create various sales and marketing assets for use across various channels. Manage production of fully-integrated marketing campaigns including digital, email, paid and organic social, brochures, web content, presentations, success stories, articles and press releases.
- Track, measure and evaluate marketing communications campaigns for impact, effectiveness, and iterative planning.
- Continuously seek to improve marketing strategies and tactics through an ongoing exploration and importation of creative ideas.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, UX, Design, and marketing channel owners to align site and collateral implementation.
- Professional-level marketing experience
- Experience developing personas, positioning, and GTM plans and writing and creating materials, with meticulous attention to detail, for a variety of formats: websites, email, social media, powerpoint, documentation and sales material
- Analytical skills with an ability to translate metrics into actions to continually improve product marketing effectiveness
- Experience working with partners or clients
- Ability to translate complex subjects into understandable and motivating copy
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude, deadline driven, energetic, motivated, and resourceful
- Experience marketing in higher education
- Familiarity with Hubspot and Salesforce
Why you’ll like it here:
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.