As the Open edX Product Manager, you will tackle enabling the Open edX community to build the leading online learning platform. We have an ambitious goal to scale community contribution to the platform by 10 times in the next year after having already done so this year. Achieving this will require harnessing the energy of a growing community running thousands of online learning sites today. You are a multifaceted Product Manager who is inspired by messy, unstructured problems. You are passionate about communities, open-source and educational technology.
The Open edX team at edX is focused on engaging with the open-source community to build an online learning platform that benefits educators and learners worldwide. The Open edX platform powers learning at edX, but is also used throughout the world to deliver online learning at scale. Open edX is used by universities, corporations, NGOs and nations to provide access to high quality education. The Open edX community currently offers more than 37K courses in 53 different languages in 116 countries.
As the Product Manager for the Open edX team, you’ll regularly engage with internal stakeholders to identify, synthesize, and clearly communicate product requirements. You will focus on delivering value incrementally and optimizing flow. You will also work closely with members of the open source community including instructors, developers, and firms working with the Open edX platform. Success is coordinating efforts to solve the most important customer problems as quickly as possible. Achieving this will grow and sustain our community of contributors, creating a virtuous circle.
Fully remote workers would need to live in one of the following states to be considered: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT
- Define strategy, outcomes, measures, and priorities informed by customer and business needs.
- Work with the community to create roadmaps to provide transparency into plans and progress.
- Regularly measure and communicate impact; adjusting course as needed..
- Interact directly with users, community members, product managers, and organizational stakeholders to understand emerging product needs and capture these in the form of product memos, demos, and executive presentations.
- Define the product backlog, product requirements, and features that will achieve desired outcomes.
- Refine the backlog to deliver value incrementally.
- Identify and remove impediments. Examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- Represent your team and work with edX leadership, the company, the open source community and other external stakeholders.
- Comfort with messy unstructured problem spaces, maybe you love them
- A strong, core agile product management toolkit (creating user stories, roadmap development, prioritization, and other artifacts related to Agile) and have leveraged it to deliver meaningful digital products that impact the business.
- A deep curiosity for learning new things - you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of all key components of the edX platform.
- An understanding of how to work iteratively - delivering incremental value to your customers while understanding tradeoffs.
- The ability to speak both technical and non-technical languages to bridge engineering with other parts of the organization to facilitate problem solving
- Excellent cross-group communication and collaboration skills, including conflict resolution, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- A data driven approach, using data to inform your decision-making and proactively update processes. Comfort with defining metrics and leveraging data insights to find new opportunities.
- Experience in vendor management, or collaborating with partners outside of your organization to achieve business outcomes.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management.
- Ed Tech experience is a plus
- Experience working with or on open-source projects or community-driven projects is a plus
- Experience operating and thriving in a matrixed, results focused, fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical background, especially in web and education technologies is a plus.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.