Revenue Staff Accountant
(6 month contract - Temp to Perm)
In this role you will take on critical work to keep our dynamic tech company moving forward. You’ll be driving recurring but challenging daily and monthly work that includes but is not limited to: order to cash process, fixed assets, accounts receivable, and revenue recognition ensuring our close is timely and our balance sheet is accurate.
You’ll also have the opportunity to shine with routine ad-hoc work that comes up as we grow and face new business opportunities.
- Be responsible for daily application of cash from multiple sources (check, wire/ACH, PayPal, credit card etc.)
- Oversee entire accounts receivable process from sales order approval through collections and revenue recognition for our B2B line of business
- Work cross functionally with sales operations to ensure timely invoicing and customer satisfaction
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of month-end accounting close functions as assigned including journal entries, fixed assets, accruals, bad debt allowance and reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements by analyzing and summarizing account information and trends for analysis with the ability to present findings in monthly flux meeting
- Investigate discrepancies to identify problems and develop solutions with help of controller and accounting manager
- Assists with annual internal and external financial audits by producing supporting schedules and documentation
- Take on ad hoc projects to improve our overall effectiveness as a department to report accurate financial statements
- Work both within the department and with different levels of employees in multiple departments
- 3+ years hands on experience with emphasis in the areas of cash application, accounts receivable management, and revenue recognition in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- A high degree of initiative and drive
- Strong technical accounting skills and an analytical mind
- The ability to provide concise and accurate written and verbal responses to internal and external questions
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with ability to prioritize workload to meet demands
- A history of being process oriented with ability to identify and recommend process enhancements
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a strong team of like-minded folks
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Systems Experience:
- NetSuite (or similar ERP)
- Sales Force
- MS Office (emphasis on strong excel skill set)
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.