As the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for overall product strategy, execution, and success of the edX Enterprise team, including edX for Business and edX for Education. Reporting to the VP of Product, you will ensure that the Enterprise product offerings are aligned with the overall edX product strategy. You will also lead and grow the Enterprise product team, and act as a coach and mentor to product managers across the company.
The Enterprise business is the newest- and fastest-growing business line at edX, aiming for 2x growth in the next two years. As lead of Enterprise product, you are directly responsible for the success of this business line. You will understand and champion the unique needs of edX for Business and edX for Education customers. You will monitor market conditions, assess the competitive and technology landscape, and gather input from stakeholders to prioritize opportunities to inform the product roadmap. You will manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the roadmap is well-understood and effectively executed.
- Drive overall product strategy for the edX the Enterprise team and deliver a product that meets or exceeds organizational and customer goals
- Influence the overall edX product strategy to ensure Business, University, and Government customers are well-served, and identify opportunities to leverage the Enterprise product to enhance the overall edX experience
- Build relationships with edX Sales and Business Development, other product managers, and key stakeholders from across the company to understand emerging product needs and incorporate these into the roadmap.
- Define and deliver against the roadmap the Enterprise team’s products, in partnership with sales, marketing, product design, and engineering.
- Drive prioritization of the right initiatives, identifying and solving the most important customer problems first.
- Measure progress toward goals and achieve target outcomes.
- Lead and coach a team of product managers in product delivery
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager at a software company, preferably overseeing complex, new-to-market products. 2+ years in a management role.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Experience leading product teams that partner effectively with engineering, UX, data analysis, and a broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Practice using user insights and data to drive ambitious goals, while testing and learning along the way
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, especially in web technologies.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences including C-level executives
- Experience with education technology and enterprise product a plus
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.