You will be the first point of contact for internal and external parties at our office, creating delightful experiences for those that visit and work at edX. You’ll oversee the daily operations of our office environment to support and improve the employee experience. Reporting into our Senior Manager of Human Resources, you will be part of the team focused on making edX an inclusive and engaging place to work.
The role of the Facilities Manager is crucial to ensuring a safe, comfortable, and professional workplace at edX. It will involve various aspects of office management duties, including vendor management, event planning, workspace adjustments/enhancements, and employee resource management (e.g. parking allocation, lunch vendor selection, stocking goods, etc.)
- Oversee our office environment, building operations, maintenance needs, supplier/vendor relations, and anything else that makes edX a great place to work and visit
- Understand employee needs and concerns and work with them towards solutions
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, working to establish a positive rapport with each external and internal interaction
- Provide help with events, including set-up, catering, and cleaning
- Act as the primary liaison with the landlord, maintenance contractors, vendors, and cleaning crew to monitor plumbing, appliance maintenance, electrical and other services as needed
- Coordinate with administrative assistants and other internal colleagues to prepare for meetings and events
- Order, monitor and manage kitchen, facility and office inventory and other supplies as needed
- Coordinate and setup daily lunches and manage daily coffee resources
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested or assigned by management
- Periodically survey employees to validate and address effectiveness of edX facilities efforts and general satisfaction with the office environment
- Play a pivotal role in planning for our return to the office
- collaborating on a plan for tracking office capacity and use
- outlining new office guidelines,
- creating supporting signage/labels
- other ad hoc responsibilities.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive and optimistic approach to problem-solving
- Experience working in Office or Facilities Management or Shift Manager roles
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Apps for Business (G-suite)
- Experience working with ticket management systems (Jira preferred)
- Project Management skills
- Experience in HR operations, customer service, retail, hospitality, or other related industries
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.