In this position you will play a key role in enabling all of our employees to effectively and efficiently use our vast array of systems. In short, you will make it possible for all of our employees to do their work!
IT Operations at edX is a small team that delivers big results! We own a variety of functions ranging from supporting technical issues, implementing new technologies, managing accounts and hardware for all employees and contractors, and creating policies to ensure security and transparency. We currently have 3 internal members, a support specialist, a systems engineer, and a manager, alongside two outsourced support agents. We are generally a newer team, with tenure ranging from 6 months to three years.
- Be responsible for triaging incoming tickets:
- reviewing requests as they come in and understanding the context to route it to the right person with the right priority level, all within our SLA.
- Individually handle support cases
- Prepare and ship laptops
- Play an important role onboarding and offboarding users,
- Handle discrete project task as they arise
- High level customer support skills and patience with all users
- Strong technical skills, along with the ability to find solutions to new problems
- Experience with a ticketing system (such as Jira) in a support context
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience administering G Suite
- Experience with a Cloud IDP, particularly OneLogin
- Familiarity with endpoint management solutions like JAMF
- Experience administering a primarily Mac workforce
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.